Thread: headset

Spyder Garage

Default headset

2013 spyder rt limited, can't get cb to work. do i have to have a headset to listen to cb
    2013 RT , LAVA BRONZE

Spyder Garage

Is it the BRP CB? Something else? Does the have a plug-in near the switches (or elsewhere)?

BRP CB kit requires a headset (I think J&M will work, also) as it does not play thru the speakers.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

yes it is the brc cb
    that is what i was thinking now i now

THANKS
    2013 RT , LAVA BRONZE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Either the BRP Headset or Sena SR10 bluetooth adapter with bluetooth headset.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes a headset is required.
    You can get one from BRP through the dealer OR from J&M.

I've had two headsets go bad; one J&M and one BRP.

Before you shell out $125 for a headset, you might want to find another Spyder rider who has one so that you can test the radio.
    Also getting all of the audio controls set so that it all plays together nice is a bit tricky.

Spyder Garage

J&M MAKES THE BRP HEADSETS.. WOULD GO WITH EDSETS...
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

Default Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Either the BRP Headset or Sena SR10 bluetooth adapter with bluetooth headset.
    I am a little late in replying to this, but I am confused when you say the " Sena SR10 bluetooth adapter with bluetooth headset"? I was under the impression with the research I've done is that the BRP CB won't work with that system. Has that changed?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sallyann View Post
    I am a little late in replying to this, but I am confused when you say the " Sena SR10 bluetooth adapter with bluetooth headset"? I was under the impression with the research I've done is that the BRP CB won't work with that system. Has that changed?
    You are correct. It won't. It works pretty good, but not great, with a handheld CB. My nephew used one when we went to Homecoming last spring. I have the BRP CB.

Sena has what they call the Freewire which basically substitutes a BT connection for the helmet cord. However, they have adapter cables available only for HD and Goldwing. The HD adapter could probably be made to work on the Spyder with a short adapter that swaps some of the wires from the Spyder pinout to the HD pinout. If I were serious about going with a BT helmet headset I would pursue it, but I'm not so won't. I would be willing to work with someone who would like to try doing it, though.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)