Spyder Garage

Post Install Lamonster's Fog Light Kit without panel gap (F3, F3-S, F3-T)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I figured out a way to install Lamonster's fog lights without a panel gap.
    For your viewing pleasure, here's what I came up with: https://youtu.be/DMBBKTw5XUQ

Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.48.03 PM.jpg

Spyder Garage

Very well done. Regardless of modifying the "panel gap" the video is an excellent install video for fog lights on an F3.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Default Super job!

Outstanding video and work. I may consider doing this for our F3S.
    Thank you!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Nice video

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks...

Install videos are a great help here so many come here looking for visual aids to installation of acc and mechanical work. great video and short cuts are always a plus....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Nice job and great install video! I started to go down the same road shortly after BRP started selling the fog lights. I opted to make my own lights (didn't have the Lamont option back then). I didn't want the gap and was going to order a spare set just in case I didn't like the way it turned out. While I was looking up the part I found that BRP actually had the pieces to use with the fog lights. I ordered a set and sent them a note asking why they weren't included with the fog lights. Ended up being an oops on their part as they were supposed to be. Started providing them as part of the kit. Another option for those without the time/skill/patience.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Part number

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Nice job and great install video! I started to go down the same road shortly after BRP started selling the fog lights. I opted to make my own lights (didn't have the Lamont option back then). I didn't want the gap and was going to order a spare set just in case I didn't like the way it turned out. While I was looking up the part I found that BRP actually had the pieces to use with the fog lights. I ordered a set and sent them a note asking why they weren't included with the fog lights. Ended up being an oops on their part as they were supposed to be. Started providing them as part of the kit. Another option for those without the time/skill/patience.

CJ JAX
    Zuni, you wouldn't happen to have that part number by chance would you ?
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post

CJ JAX
    Interested in part # as well
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Fog Light Heat Shield

705008996 & 705008995

I do believe.

Christopher
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thank you sir.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I was just wondering about that gap because I am in the process of installing the LED Foglights with the white and amber ring kit. I was wondering why you did not use a hole saw.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-24-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Ok I just got it figured out. Drill out the blank with 2 1/2 “ hole saw and you end up with thisC3F57D38-0BCF-4218-B074-2AFFAD5C189B.jpg
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Then cut off the skinny stuff and you then end up with this.FF20298D-96E0-471D-92D4-EFCA2287DB00.jpg
    You just need the big piece.

Spyder Garage

Next screw that part back on and either glue the rest to the back or use double sided tape. You end up with this>>9462CA22-0A52-4B82-9D58-4A79F364C218.jpg

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Now all I need to do is figure out how to wire the ring kit and show chrome fender light kit. I watched the videos and they are very confusing. Is there a diagram anywhere on paper?

I just found a more recent video Lamonster did on the light ring install on a red F3 and he did a much better job explaining it all.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-25-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Thanks, I was just wondering about that gap because I am in the process of installing the LED Foglights with the white and amber ring kit. I was wondering why you did not use a hole saw.
    I didn't have hole saw big enough. Valid point.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tPanic View Post
    I didn't have hole saw big enough. Valid point.
    Thank you for starting this thread and getting me to think about how to make it work. You did not have the light ring so it was a different situation.
    I just held it in my hand and did it slow and easy You can also make it easier by once the drill bit goes threw to put the drill in reverse. Thats how they cut vinyl siding on houses, they turn the blade around. Once the hole is cut out you just trim with a boxcutter and sand the edges to get rid of the burs. The only part that looked bad before, was that inside edge than had nothing over that plastic piece that was left after you removed the cover , but it makes for a great base for attaching this piece with the screw and adhesive. last night I had not done that yet because I had just fabbed those pieces and it was late.

Be extremely careful doing it this way to avoid injury. Once the drill bit punches threw the teeth on the hole saw will bite down and may spin in your hand. I just slowed it down and used very little down pressure to get it to start cutting the soft plastic. wear gloves.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-25-2018 at 09:35 AM.