Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Heated grips??

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This is a very expensive set-up when you add up all the parts that need to be added to make the liners functional ..... But thanks for your efforts .......and Merry Christmas ..... Mike
    Heated Grips??????? On a snow blower???

Yes-- My poor, old, and modified MTD blower has heated grips. Only one temp setting and a switch on the dash. But you do need waterproof gloves. If your blower has lights you may be able to add these on.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HEATED GRIPS

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Heated Grips??????? On a snow blower???

Yes-- My poor, old, and modified MTD blower has heated grips. Only one temp setting and a switch on the dash. But you do need waterproof gloves. If your blower has lights you may be able to add these on.

Lew L
    I did think of this also .... The heat wraps you can buy from say Dennis Kirk aren't very expensive ..... however the power draw I think is going to be too high for the magneto ....lights don't draw a lot of power, I think the heat grips will exceed the capacity ( even if I eliminate the lights ) ............. Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default The latest issue

On the back page of the latest issue of RIDER magazine, It's got the new Gold Wing on the cover,
    there's an ad for Ignitor pro heated gloves. flystreetgear.com. Lithium Ion battery only, 7.4 volts.
    There's a + and a - button, 3 ranges of heat. Up to 4 hours on low power, 2.5 on hi. On the high
    setting they get too hot. The battery is stored in each adjustable,(with Velcro) wrist. Made of leather
    and wind and waterproof. They come with 2 batteries and a dual charger and a nifty zippered
    carrying case.
    I bought the 2X size but were too small, so I then got the 3X, much better.
    I tried them today and they really work well.
    I paid $199.95 through a dealer.
    Chuck

Spyder Garage

Default Winter gloves

Mike, 35 Below has gloves that are infused with aluminum thread that helps to keep heat in. I bought some socks for both my wife and I, out of the same material, and they work fine. Have been out in 14 degree weather to blow snow and they keep my feet VERY warm. Web site www.35below.com. Give them a try. Good luck.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 35 Below

Quote Originally Posted by viperryder View Post
    Mike, 35 Below has gloves that are infused with aluminum thread that helps to keep heat in. I bought some socks for both my wife and I, out of the same material, and they work fine. Have been out in 14 degree weather to blow snow and they keep my feet VERY warm. Web site www.35below.com. Give them a try. Good luck.
    Before I my hands got Frostbite those gloves probably would be fine ..... However once you have had frostbite, that part of your body becomes super sensitive to low temps ..... so I need extra heat ....... but thanks for your input ..... Merry Christmas .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default GoldWing Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Chuck 54 View Post
    On the back page of the latest issue of RIDER magazine, It's got the new Gold Wing on the cover,
    there's an ad for Ignitor pro heated gloves. flystreetgear.com. Lithium Ion battery only, 7.4 volts.
    There's a + and a - button, 3 ranges of heat. Up to 4 hours on low power, 2.5 on hi. On the high
    setting they get too hot. The battery is stored in each adjustable,(with Velcro) wrist. Made of leather
    and wind and waterproof. They come with 2 batteries and a dual charger and a nifty zippered
    carrying case.
    I bought the 2X size but were too small, so I then got the 3X, much better.
    I tried them today and they really work well.
    I paid $199.95 through a dealer.
    Chuck
    They are probably fantastic, but there are less expensive alternatives ......but thanks for your reply .......and Merry Christmas ... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

what about those things you throw in your gloves. Think its a package or something that gives you x amount of time of heat.

Spyder Garage

Default WARMING PACKETS

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    what about those things you throw in your gloves. Think its a package or something that gives you x amount of time of heat.
    Back 35 years or so I tried them for skiing .. ..They were marginal then and they haven't changed the way they heat now .... they wouldn't work for what I need them for ..........but I appreciate your reply ....and Merry Christmas ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default And they are cheap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My personal experiences with heated gear has been dismal.
    Yes it provides much needed heat but only if its close to the skin and working.
    Too close to the skin and it burns.
    The adjustment control always fail when you need heat the most and are very expensive to replace, often repair or placements are nill.
    Each item has its own temp control making it annoying and time consuming while riding.
    They are a pain in the butt to plug into each other, gloves to jackets to pants. You become ELECTRIC COWBOY (a superhero lol)
    They are a pain in the butt when getting off your bike and you forget to unplug it.
    They mess with the bikes electrical system cause they draw a lot of juice.
    You cant find the exact product in a store so you shop online and nothing fits right.
    They are expensive.
    The list goes on and on so I no longer own any heated clothing.
    I prefer a Gore-Tex jacket and pants over my down pants and jacket.
    My heated BRP hand grips work fine down to 40 degrees, then I just cry and wish mommy would make it nice....lol

Spyder Garage

Default WARMING GEAR

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    My personal experiences with heated gear has been dismal.
    Yes it provides much needed heat but only if its close to the skin and working.
    Too close to the skin and it burns.
    The adjustment control always fail when you need heat the most and are very expensive to replace, often repair or placements are nill.
    Each item has its own temp control making it annoying and time consuming while riding.
    They are a pain in the butt to plug into each other, gloves to jackets to pants. You become ELECTRIC COWBOY (a superhero lol)
    They are a pain in the butt when getting off your bike and you forget to unplug it.
    They mess with the bikes electrical system cause they draw a lot of juice.
    You cant find the exact product in a store so you shop online and nothing fits right.
    They are expensive.
    The list goes on and on so I no longer own any heated clothing.
    I prefer a Gore-Tex jacket and pants over my down pants and jacket.
    My heated BRP hand grips work fine down to 40 degrees, then I just cry and wish mommy would make it nice....lol
    First I want to Thank you for your response .........But my question is ... did you read my initial request ...all of it ... annnnnnnnd Merry Christmas ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I found the best glove for Snowblowers in winter is a Heavy Insulated Mitten type glove where your 4 Fingers are together ? IMO

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default SUPER MITTENS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I found the best glove for Snowblowers in winter is a Heavy Insulated Mitten type glove where your 4 Fingers are together ? IMO
    Thank you for your input on my issue ........ Have you ever had Frostbite in your hands ... I don't just mean they've been painfully cold ... I'm talking Frostbite as determined by a doctor ..... if not not then you have no idea how painful Frostbite is and it's long term effects ...... and Merry Christmas ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First I want to Thank you for your response .........But my question is ... did you read my initial request ...all of it ... annnnnnnnd Merry Christmas ..... Mike
    You are correct.
    I posted thinking it was more of a cold weather heated gear MC thing.
    I had frost bite in my nose as a kid.
    Luckily I recovered without losing any tissue but when its cold out......PAIN.
    Best of luck.....but I would stay away from techy heated gear.
    The rest of my previous post explains why.

Spyder Garage

Default TECHIE WARM GLOVES ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    You are correct.
    I posted thinking it was more of a cold weather heated gear MC thing.
    I had frost bite in my nose as a kid.
    Luckily I recovered without losing any tissue but when its cold out......PAIN.
    Best of luck.....but I would stay away from techy heated gear.
    The rest of my previous post explains why.
    .... however I don't have a choice .... I have to try them ... the alternative is hiring someone to plow it.....and they plow when it's convenient for them .... plus I Hate spending lots of money unless I don't have a choice ......... Thanks again for your input ....Spyderlovers ROCK

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your input on my issue ........ Have you ever had Frostbite in your hands ... I don't just mean they've been painfully cold ... I'm talking Frostbite as determined by a doctor ..... if not not then you have no idea how painful Frostbite is and it's long term effects ...... and Merry Christmas ..... Mike
    If you use the Mittens and pre heat them in the house and come in and change them when you start to get cold you will not get frost bite?
    Or buy the battery powered gloves or Pay someone? merry Christmas!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default FROSTBITE !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    If you use the Mittens and pre heat them in the house and come in and change them when you start to get cold you will not get frost bite?
    Or buy the battery powered gloves or Pay someone? merry Christmas!
    My concern is not GETTING FROSTBITE ...... I suffer from already having DONE THAT .... At temps below 15* F ( which is most of the time in Vermont ) holding a piece of metal ( and squeezing it ) my tolerance is about 10 +/- minutes.... Can you imagine yourself coming in the house every 10 min. to get WARM mittens ( while fully dressed, and now snowcovered ) .... I appreciate your efforts to help me, but as mentioned to another member ... unless you have been Frostbitten, you have No idea how quickly it " Forever " effects your tolerance for Cold temps ..............Mike

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Heated grips again

Mike,

After reading this thread again -------- it sounds to me like a heated grip will work. You won't be holding on to a "cold piece of metal" but a hot ( warm ) one. The heated grips on my MTD are factory and work REALLY well.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default HEATED GRIPS

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Mike,

After reading this thread again -------- it sounds to me like a heated grip will work. You won't be holding on to a "cold piece of metal" but a hot ( warm ) one. The heated grips on my MTD are factory and work REALLY well.

Lew L
    Thank you for your answer .... see my post #27 above .......Mike