Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Wrapping a spyder

Has anybody wrapped their spyder?
    I'm looking to buy a new spyder but we dont like the color choices.
    Wondering how much it would cost

Spyder Garage

Try this SL sponsor: http://www.wrapmyspyder.com.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

Many here have wrapped their spyders see which wrap and how much you want to wrap. Pete will get you a good price and difficulty will depend on what you get...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Please clarify

What do you mean by wrap? Do you mean in the same way that one might wrap a car instead of paint? In this case you are putting on a vinyl wrap over the entire structure in lieu of painting. I'd guess most of these are done by professional shops and installers. Or, do you mean a kit where you get a collection of pieces to put on your spyder such as wrapmyspyder.com or amrracing.com?

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Also try AMR racing
    I have one of theirs..... have had it on for 3 years and no complaints. I will buy again, when I get a new bike, There are lots of places to get a wrap, I know one person that had one custom made and paid a lot of money. It is really whatever you want to spend. I am happy with AMR Racing. They have provided good service, when I lost a panel, I only had to call them and they said to email them a picture of the missing panel, and they gave me a price for the panel, and in a short time I had installed. Good Luck in your quest!

https://www.amrracing.com/catalog/roadsters-188-1.html
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    What do you mean by wrap? Do you mean in the same way that one might wrap a car instead of paint? In this case you are putting on a vinyl wrap over the entire structure in lieu of painting. I'd guess most of these are done by professional shops and installers. Or, do you mean a kit where you get a collection of pieces to put on your spyder such as wrapmyspyder.com or amrracing.com?
    I'm looking to wrap the plastic panels, I don't like the new colors and want to wrap it red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello,
    Sounds like you want to do a full color change wrap on your Spyder. This would be a pretty difficult install as a DIY project for most people. To do it right it will require some disassembly of various panels on the bike. I would recommend you do a search on Google: "vehicle wraps" and the name of your town and you will get a list of shops in your local area. Some may be willing to do a Spyder and some may not depending on workload. They will probably want to see some photos. Be sure that the shop you choose is using a good "cast" wrapping film. Companies like: Avery, 3M, Oracal to name a few. (tons of solid colors are available: gloss, matte, satin, textured even chrome finishes) If I had to guess, for full color change wrap, you will probably spend from $1,200 -$2,500 for materials and labor. It's more the labor time then material. Spyders have complicated curves and to do the install correctly it takes great finesse, experience and lots of time. Feel free to email me and I will do my best if you have questions based on the replies you get from your local shops. Hope this helps..

I'm looking to wrap the plastic panels, I don't like the new colors and want to wrap it red
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Wraps Pete View Post
    Hello,
    Sounds like you want to do a full color change wrap on your Spyder. This would be a pretty difficult install as a DIY project for most people. To do it right it will require some disassembly of various panels on the bike. I would recommend you do a search on Google: "vehicle wraps" and the name of your town and you will get a list of shops in your local area. Some may be willing to do a Spyder and some may not depending on workload. They will probably want to see some photos. Be sure that the shop you choose is using a good "cast" wrapping film. Companies like: Avery, 3M, Oracal to name a few. (tons of solid colors are available: gloss, matte, satin, textured even chrome finishes) If I had to guess, for full color change wrap, you will probably spend from $1,200 -$2,500 for materials and labor. It's more the labor time then material. Spyders have complicated curves and to do the install correctly it takes great finesse, experience and lots of time. Feel free to email me and I will do my best if you have questions based on the replies you get from your local shops. Hope this helps..
    Thanks, I can take the panels off myself so it would only be the labor for installing the wrap and the wrap.
    I can also take the panels to the school I used to teach at and have them paint it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found that this site is great to work with. They will do just about any pattern you want and you can buy in pieces vs a full wrap. I got the whole front wrapped and the entire tank for around 100.00. Plus they are the only wrap company that you can buy in Clear if you don't want any pattern at all.

http://www.spiralusspyder.com/Graphickits.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tazzel; 12-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Amozing wraps

I'm looking to buy a new spyder but we dont like the color choices.
    Wondering how much it would cost
    I don't know how many of you have found this place but the wraps are AWESOME.... Check out World Class Wraps https://worldclasswraps.com/ This man is a Genius when it comes to designing wraps....from the subtle to the extreme..... My wrap will be here in about 2 weeks...because I don't really like the color of my RTL and although I am not doing a color change, I am more than happy just accentuating the color the way I went because now I'm in love with the color..... At least look at their designs, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. The cost for my total wrap is under $479 which is a bit more than others... but I didn't want to ryde down the road and see the same wrap coming towards me....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-24-2022 at 06:10 AM. Reason: OP put in price - I fixed thier = their ;-)

Spyder Garage

If one was after custom graphics I’d say wrap it. What they can produce on a computer in a few hours is unreal. If just a straight up color change I’d go for paint. Being an ol automotive, aircraft, heavy equipment and guitar painter I thought about a color change for my 22 RTL. After a couple weeks of ownership this Hyper Silver has grown on me.

Spyder Garage

I got my custom wrap designed by Peter at World Class Wraps. I am thrilled with how it came out. He designed and shipped it to me and then I had a local installer do the install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-24-2022 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Ok- no idea why that one pic is upside down. Mod Edit - fixed attach display, but the 'upside down' bit is cos of the way you took that pic...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coolie View Post
    I got my custom wrap designed by Peter at World Class Wraps. I am thrilled with how it came out. He designed and shipped it to me and then I had a local installer do the install.
    That does look nice! We have another Spyder with very sticky tires
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!