Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Wrapping a spyder

Has anybody wrapped their spyder?
    I'm looking to buy a new spyder but we dont like the color choices.
    Wondering how much it would cost

Spyder Garage

Try this SL sponsor: http://www.wrapmyspyder.com.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

Many here have wrapped their spyders see which wrap and how much you want to wrap. Pete will get you a good price and difficulty will depend on what you get...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Please clarify

What do you mean by wrap? Do you mean in the same way that one might wrap a car instead of paint? In this case you are putting on a vinyl wrap over the entire structure in lieu of painting. I'd guess most of these are done by professional shops and installers. Or, do you mean a kit where you get a collection of pieces to put on your spyder such as wrapmyspyder.com or amrracing.com?

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Also try AMR racing
    I have one of theirs..... have had it on for 3 years and no complaints. I will buy again, when I get a new bike, There are lots of places to get a wrap, I know one person that had one custom made and paid a lot of money. It is really whatever you want to spend. I am happy with AMR Racing. They have provided good service, when I lost a panel, I only had to call them and they said to email them a picture of the missing panel, and they gave me a price for the panel, and in a short time I had installed. Good Luck in your quest!

https://www.amrracing.com/catalog/roadsters-188-1.html
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    What do you mean by wrap? Do you mean in the same way that one might wrap a car instead of paint? In this case you are putting on a vinyl wrap over the entire structure in lieu of painting. I'd guess most of these are done by professional shops and installers. Or, do you mean a kit where you get a collection of pieces to put on your spyder such as wrapmyspyder.com or amrracing.com?
    I'm looking to wrap the plastic panels, I don't like the new colors and want to wrap it red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello,
    Sounds like you want to do a full color change wrap on your Spyder. This would be a pretty difficult install as a DIY project for most people. To do it right it will require some disassembly of various panels on the bike. I would recommend you do a search on Google: "vehicle wraps" and the name of your town and you will get a list of shops in your local area. Some may be willing to do a Spyder and some may not depending on workload. They will probably want to see some photos. Be sure that the shop you choose is using a good "cast" wrapping film. Companies like: Avery, 3M, Oracal to name a few. (tons of solid colors are available: gloss, matte, satin, textured even chrome finishes) If I had to guess, for full color change wrap, you will probably spend from $1,200 -$2,500 for materials and labor. It's more the labor time then material. Spyders have complicated curves and to do the install correctly it takes great finesse, experience and lots of time. Feel free to email me and I will do my best if you have questions based on the replies you get from your local shops. Hope this helps..

I'm looking to wrap the plastic panels, I don't like the new colors and want to wrap it red
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Wraps Pete View Post
    Hello,
    Sounds like you want to do a full color change wrap on your Spyder. This would be a pretty difficult install as a DIY project for most people. To do it right it will require some disassembly of various panels on the bike. I would recommend you do a search on Google: "vehicle wraps" and the name of your town and you will get a list of shops in your local area. Some may be willing to do a Spyder and some may not depending on workload. They will probably want to see some photos. Be sure that the shop you choose is using a good "cast" wrapping film. Companies like: Avery, 3M, Oracal to name a few. (tons of solid colors are available: gloss, matte, satin, textured even chrome finishes) If I had to guess, for full color change wrap, you will probably spend from $1,200 -$2,500 for materials and labor. It's more the labor time then material. Spyders have complicated curves and to do the install correctly it takes great finesse, experience and lots of time. Feel free to email me and I will do my best if you have questions based on the replies you get from your local shops. Hope this helps..
    Thanks, I can take the panels off myself so it would only be the labor for installing the wrap and the wrap.
    I can also take the panels to the school I used to teach at and have them paint it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found that this site is great to work with. They will do just about any pattern you want and you can buy in pieces vs a full wrap. I got the whole front wrapped and the entire tank for around 100.00. Plus they are the only wrap company that you can buy in Clear if you don't want any pattern at all.

http://www.spiralusspyder.com/Graphickits.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tazzel; 12-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

I got a price from a company that only does commercial vehicles and said they would not be interested to do it.
    They said it should cost about $2,500

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was thinking it would be a bit of a challenge to find a wrap shop that would want to take the time to do a Spyder. If you were closer we could do the job for you but it would take some time to get it done. As mentioned, to do it right so you can't tell it is a wrap is quite a process on a Spyder. As an alternative, maybe you want to consider some graphics or maybe a pre-cut body wrap that does not cover the complete surface. What is the machine you are looking at and what is the color? Maybe we can help without changing the complete color...?

I got a price from a company that only does commercial vehicles and said they would not be interested to do it.
    They said it should cost about $2,500
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking asphalt gray or champagne 2018 rtl

Spyder Garage

If you want a CLASS wrap, go to http://www.worldclasswraps.com/16-SP...-graphics.html THE VERY BEST designs in a variety of colors. You can wrap your own Spyder. It takes some work but it is not impossible. I've talked to some folks about wrapping a Spyder and they were arrogant a-holes who would ONLY wrap THEIR designs. Most other who offer wraps, only offer not much more than some large decals.Spyder Wrap.jpg You don't have to remove any panels to wrap the bike. Just wash with a little soap and water, dry really well and then clean with alcohol. Personally, I chose 92%. There is a long instruction video on the site that takes time to watch but gives you an absolutely complete how to guide. The World Class Wrap kit of 62 custom cut pieces is not not cheap. And if you go with it, order some extra wrap supplies from Amazon or a specialty shop. EASY to apply for the most part. Curves are tricky but if you take your time, it will work out OK. An alternative is sheet vinyl wrap material and there is a vast selection to choose from. Here's a video of a lady who used sheet vinyl and did a damned fine job. Made it look easy. It seems intimidating at first but after the first section, it'll be old hat. (congratulations on a fine job Mam!) There is a video I cant find but a ryder in New York state wrapped his Spyder in two days. I took several weeks but I wasn't in a hurry. Needs to be done in a warm space. Aside from the squeegie's you'll need a hair dryer for stretching the vinyl around the curves. But NOT high heat. Gently does it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm thinking asphalt gray or champagne 2018 rtl

You mean like this Asphalt grey '18?
    lJsQlmq%TGq07BAi0l+iJw.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I had my frunk lid wrapped, and got it from Wrap my spider. Pete was fantastic to work with. I had it installed by a company that puts on paint protective film on cars. (also had that put on over the wrap, and over most of the spyder.)

However, if I was going to change every piece of the bike, i would think about getting them dipped.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Plasti-dip?

Have you considered Plasti-dip? Cost wise, it would probably be cheaper to do a dip than try to fully wrap all those complex curves on a Spyder.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

The video above of the lady wrapping a spyder. The youtube link is so you can see the wrap in full screen. The video is well done and the wrap is not a kit but using full sheets of vinyl wrap which is a very tough job. Well done.

another kit site not listed is www.worldclasswraps.com A Canadian company owned by Peter Grant. The site has full videos on how to use his kits. Lots of work but the result is fantastic and it is a FULL wrap. About 62 pieces. Need a warm space and several good squeegies which you can get from Amazon. Oh, a hair dryer to bend the vinyl around the curves....

Spyder Garage

This video is made by the company that makes the paint dip process.

Spyder Garage

OK, I'm perturbed. The previous two posts I made was JUST THE URL. This site then loaded the url in a window that cannot show full screen video. Maybe some instances that's OK but my intent was to provide the url so you could go to it, see the video in full screen and the typical accompanying list of similar videos that would expand the opportunity to learn more. WHY does this site not allow to JUST SHOW THE URL? Or did I do it wrong? It seems one can post a url but only if it is not youtube.

Thanks for the help here so the next time I post, I won't reload the same video that had been previoiusly shown (in small screen).

Spyder Garage

Deleted, My idea didn't work either... Though you may already know this, I'll share for some who don't, when the vid does start to run you can click on the Youtube link in the bottom and then view it in full screen and the initial browser window video pauses while you're watching the video at Youtube in Full screen.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 02-14-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 champagne RTL

I just purchased the 2018 RTL in Champagne. It wasn’t my first choice in color (wanted red/black), but I wasn’t thrilled w my color choices for 2018 , so I got the champagne. I too want to change it a bit so I’m thinking about buying the RT Insert Kit in gloss black from wrap my Spyder.
    Have you considered that? Just adding some wrap to your existing color.
    Good luck.
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I just purchased the 2018 RTL in Champagne. It wasn’t my first choice in color (wanted red/black), but I wasn’t thrilled w my color choices for 2018 , so I got the champagne. I too want to change it a bit so I’m thinking about buying the RT Insert Kit in gloss black from wrap my Spyder.
    Have you considered that? Just adding some wrap to your existing color.
    Good luck.

Talk to Pete (wrap my spyder), he'll make you what you want. Fantastic to deal with.

Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got my wrap from WrapMySpyder and did it myself. There are a few wrinkles but you have to look close to see them.

WKmOogB6SriPxbG3aqDOvA.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 07-16-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Amozing wraps

I'm looking to buy a new spyder but we dont like the color choices.
    Wondering how much it would cost
    I don't know how many of you have found this place but the wraps are AWESOME.... Check out World Class Wraps https://worldclasswraps.com/ This man is a Genius when it comes to designing wraps....from the subtle to the extreme..... My wrap will be here in about 2 weeks...because I don't really like the color of my RTL and although I am not doing a color change, I am more than happy just accentuating the color the way I went because now I'm in love with the color..... At least look at their designs, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. The cost for my total wrap is under $479 which is a bit more than others... but I didn't want to ryde down the road and see the same wrap coming towards me....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-24-2022 at 06:10 AM. Reason: OP put in price - I fixed thier = their ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I got my wrap from WrapMySpyder and did it myself. There are a few wrinkles but you have to look close to see them.

WKmOogB6SriPxbG3aqDOvA.jpg
    If they get that close, kickem in the pants and tell them to back up!! Nice job!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl