Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default It's A GAS

Go to your local private airport take a 5 gal can and buy aviation gas
    that they put in small airplanes
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I will tell you batteries don't last to long on these fancy electric yard tools IMO .. Now I don't have a Dewalt. Even my line trimmer doesn't last long but it doesn't matter to much at this time don't have much to trim.

If you can fix your gas powered items go for it. I been fixing my gas powered tools as needed. The dam gas is no help either.

May have to try out the gas you can get at the stores now with no ethanol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Go to your local private airport take a 5 gal can and buy aviation gas
    that they put in small airplanes
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    Before you jump into the battery powered garden tools market check out the cost of replacing the batteries. They will eventually fail.

I stayed with gas powered yard equipment (Stihl) but my cordless power tools are all Rigid, lifetime warranty on the tools and batteries. I've had a pair of Rigid power drills since 2009 and have replaced the batteries twice in those 8 years, no $$
    Started doing that but found out a battery powered Sander don't last long. Maybe the larger battery will get me a few more minutes. I do like there lifetime warranty on tools/batteries.
    But you have to make sure you register within 90 days to get that warranty.

Spyder Garage

It's really not one single issue that I've ever had with the gas equipment. They're just both getting up there in age, and are having some minor issues. I do hate the noise and the stink of the 2 strokers, and I thought I'd give battery powered equipment a whirl. I might sell the gas stuff at our spring garage sale, or I might hang onto it....who knows?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hear ya on the 2 stroke toys. Last winter I decided to get a 4 stroke snow blower no more mixing oil and gas and found it was really quite too.

Not sure if they sell a 4 stroke line trimmer?

I know they sell a 4 stroke leaf blower.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They do, and I have one!

I always had the oddest mix of two-stroke/four-stroke laying around... It was a fear of mine, that the wrong fuel would get into the wrong one.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    Before you jump into the battery powered garden tools market check out the cost of replacing the batteries. They will eventually fail.

I stayed with gas powered yard equipment (Stihl) but my cordless power tools are all Rigid, lifetime warranty on the tools and batteries. I've had a pair of Rigid power drills since 2009 and have replaced the batteries twice in those 8 years, no $$
    It would be nice if battery’s could be standardized the replacement cost is very high on drills a battery is like 70 for oem and you can buy the same drill 2 batteries and charger for 90 ,I have tried the aftermarket batteries and they haven’t been as good
    2 happy happy spyders