Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Holly Springs Christmas Parade

I got a chance to do a local parade in the rain, sleet, and snow yesterday. Thankful that it started as rain first. That prevented them from putting down that nasty salt and sand. Otherwise i would have stayed home.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Interesting...our weather bozos say you had 3-5 inches of snow on the ground there.......not so much I see....LOL. I pay attention cuz I used to live in that neck o the woods. North of you though, in Oxford, N.C. We also have a manufacturing plant there in Oxford.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Active Member CarolinaSpyderRyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It snowed for a pretty good while. Nothing really stuck for any significant length of time by me.
    2014 RSS , Sunburst Yellow and Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Nice Christmas decorations.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Interesting...our weather bozos say you had 3-5 inches of snow on the ground there.......not so much I see....LOL. I pay attention cuz I used to live in that neck o the woods. North of you though, in Oxford, N.C. We also have a manufacturing plant there in Oxford.
    That is about what we had at my house in Roxboro. But in the Raleigh area, nothing stuck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is about what we had at my house in Roxboro. But in the Raleigh area, nothing stuck.
    LOL....funny you mention Roxboro. All the locals that I used to work with used to say "it always snows in Roxboro, but not here"...The most snow I saw from 90-97 was 6" just north of Oxford.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

LOL....funny you mention Roxboro. All the locals that I used to work with used to say "it always snows in Roxboro, but not here"...The most snow I saw from 90-97 was 6" just north of Oxford.
    You missed the winter of 2000 ... Went to bed with the weather guru's predicting flurries overnight and woke up to 2 feet .....

I live just outside of ShooFly, NC and the snow was higher than my deck railing (30+ inches) .....

Reminded me of growing up in the NE corner of Ohio (you know it as the snow belt) ...

2013 F6B
    2016 F3 Ltd
    2016 F3 LTD , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    You missed the winter of 2000 ... Went to bed with the weather guru's predicting flurries overnight and woke up to 2 feet .....

I live just outside of ShooFly, NC and the snow was higher than my deck railing (30+ inches) .....

Reminded me of growing up in the NE corner of Ohio (you know it as the snow belt) ...
    Yep, I remember that snow. My mom was still alive and living in the home place, located about 1 mile west of the Granville/Person county line. I drove up to check on her, and made it half way up her 1/3 mile long driveway. At the bottom of the hill, the snow was pushed up to the hood height on my Isuzu Rodeo. I had to back out and turn around. That was the most snow that I have ever personally experienced. In the Cary/Apex area, we had about 26".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post

I just love the names of some of our Southern towns. ShooFly, NC is interesting. My wife is from Raft Swamp, NC. Near Columbia, SC is North, South Carolina. That can be confusing.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!