Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Snow in the south

Woke up this morning to 6 inches of snow. This is a big deal for this far south. Good planning on me for gas logs and generator. Lost power about 5 this morning and showing to have it restored by 10 o'clock tomorrow night. Just venting. A little snow shuts down the whole state. They need to take notes from people up north. I love the look of the snow and a beautiful sight, but so many cries for snow and when it arrives they forget all the power failures, trees falling on power lines, slippery roads. Suppose to be 60 degrees Monday. Go from one extreme to another. I guess best for me Monday to fire up the Spyder and ride to get my therapy in. I don't envy ya'll for the pretty snow. Love it and wonderful sight, now it can go away
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OMG snow and then 60 degrees. That's like the Bahamas for us northerner's

They are saying maybe 2 inches of snow and blowing snow and cold in my area. That's nothing for us.

Spyder Garage

Nowadays the weathermen around here get everybody all excited about a couple inches of snow. It sure doesn't snow like it used to, so anytime there is a possibility of snow the media makes it sound like it hasn't ever snowed before.....much like the media does in the south. I spent 7 yrs in N.C. and they got excited for snow too, but here in WI there is no reason to get excited about a couple inches of snow. You're right though, that heavy wet stuff takes out the power grids in the south real fast. Been there, done that. I like the snow myself, I have to, I live in WI...LOL
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't miss it except around Xmas, shoveled enough of that "white stuff" when I was a kid. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had snow this morning too, the first since Christmas morning 2004 (which I didn't see because I wasn't here that month). It only coated the rooftops, trees, and upper blades of grass & plants... nothing stuck on the ground or pavement. The low was 34 degrees F. Rare!
    But it was the first time I had seen snow since this very same week in 2005, back in MO. And that's the way I like it!
    Gonna ryde again tomorrow!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Snow in Mobile Al 12/8/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Woke up this morning to 6 inches of snow. This is a big deal for this far south. Good planning on me for gas logs and generator. Lost power about 5 this morning and showing to have it restored by 10 o'clock tomorrow night. Just venting. A little snow shuts down the whole state. They need to take notes from people up north. I love the look of the snow and a beautiful sight, but so many cries for snow and when it arrives they forget all the power failures, trees falling on power lines, slippery roads. Suppose to be 60 degrees Monday. Go from one extreme to another. I guess best for me Monday to fire up the Spyder and ride to get my therapy in. I don't envy ya'll for the pretty snow. Love it and wonderful sight, now it can go away
    David
    Went outside at 9 last night to a winter wonderland. I was planning on riding the Spyder in to the office this a.m. - cold = no prob if you dress for it. Anyway, I took the truck and two events made me glad I took four wheels instead of three.

1) a big truck just in front of me hit a branch laden with snow and ice and it blistered my truck.
    2) hit a small over pass of concrete with a slight curve and even though I was looking for black ice, the grey ice didn't catch my eyes and the next thing I knew, I was caught in a full side slide at 35 mph. Good thing I was raised in MI. Just took my hands off the wheel and feet off the controls and waited for my 27 year old pickup to straighten herself out; which she did.

Whoopa all good in the south.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

We live in the Willamette Valley and seldom get any snow that amounts to anything, all we need to do is drive for 1/2 hour and we can ski, sled , snowmobile , what ever floats your boat. I lived in central Oregon in the 70s and got very tired of it after about 4 months . we get an average of 43 inches of rain at home and it keeps things nice and GREEN and you DON'T shovel it.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default kids

if you folks have young kids , take them out side if you can , this doesn`t happen often in the deep south , go feel like a kid again , and don`t for get the

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    Don't miss it except around Xmas, shoveled enough of that "white stuff" when I was a kid. Dale
    Amen! Don't miss it AT ALL!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Were getting your snow today,expected 2-4 in this area,being in Pa we are used to it.

Spyder Garage

Minneapolis in the 50's. Three feet of snow at a time, 20 below zero, had to walk uphill both ways to and from school. Now those were the days.

Not quite so bad of late, but it does mess up power grids and driving. You would think people would learn to drive careful on icy roads. You can go, but you cant stop. All wheel and four wheel drive are very common place here. You can hear the newbies (and some experienced) singing--"I am invincible, I have a four wheel drive." We get fifty or more in the ditch between Wasilla and Anchorage ever snowy, icy drive time. They are referred to as "ditch divers."

Snow is very pretty, but not fun to shovel or drive in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    if you folks have young kids , take them out side if you can , this doesn`t happen often in the deep south , go feel like a kid again , and don`t for get the
    We got three inches in the Houston area yesterday. It wasn't even sunrise and there were snowmen every fourth house.

Sorry, I hadn't had my coffee yet, so no snow angels.... brrrrr.....
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default Snow

6 inches of snow up here in Vermont ( New England),is nothing, they are forecasting a "winter weather advisory " from tonight to tomorrow.

This is the first snow storm of the season! I'm use to it.

We usually get that same amount in one snow storm, + more.
    Deanna

Last edited by Deanna777; 12-11-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We got about four inches of the white fungus on Saturday, and another three inches is forecast for tomorrow.
    It's here...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Interesting twist here. Mid 40's (ABOVE) and the Pineapple Express wind is gusting to about 80 MPH. Our snow is on the melt. Grass patches are beginning to show.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We had gotten a total of 7" and that is a lot for here. Just about completely gone today. Out riding the Spyder 60 degrees. Went without power for about 30 hrs. Wasn't worried had the generator and gas logs going so light and heat. Was very pretty but glad it is gone for now. Southern people just can't drive in icy weather and it leaves such a mess when the snow melts. Laughed at a bunch was so excited about the snow and how pretty till power went out and limbs in the road and hard to drive on.
    David

Spyder Garage

We got 12 inches in Georgia west of Atlanta. Lost power for about 30 hours. It is melting but we still have snow left.
    2015 RTS , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We got about four inches of the white fungus on Saturday, and another three inches is forecast for tomorrow.
    It's here...
    Oh by the way, when the storm is over on ( Wednesday Night) we will have a total of 7 inches of White Gold! Winter is here!

Time to get the snow blower out, and the shovels etc. Today, some of the schools were let out early due to storm.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Oh by the way, when the storm is over on ( Wednesday Night) we will have a total of 7 inches of White Gold! Winter is here!

Time to get the snow blower out, and the shovels etc. Today, some of the schools were let out early due to storm.

Deanna
    We don't need that. Three days after the snow it was 60 degrees. Crazy weather down here.
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    We don't need that. Three days after the snow it was 60 degrees. Crazy weather down here.
    David
    Up here this week, we have blowing snow, cold. But next week the temps in the 30's snow/rain.

We'll have a white Christmas up here. It is good for the ski area's, and anyone who plows driveways, and the road crews. We keep right on going......

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

We've got a good 2 inches on the ground here and it's still coming down pretty hard. It's supposed to taper off around 11. I'll be out shoveling tonight so I don't have to get up early for work and do it---I'm NOT a morning person....
    Magnesium 2011 RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Coming back from an appt. in Anchorage today, the snow has melted off the medians on the main highway, and the mountains which were all white with snow cover has melted back down to the shrubbery.

Nice spring thaw for December just before Christmas. If it were not for two blocks of glare ice in my neighborhood, I would fire up the 's.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My ATV sits in the garage with the snow plow finally installed waiting for the first snow here in SW Idaho. Last year at this time I think I'd already plowed the driveway at least twice!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Too Cold in South Texas

Dropped to 65 this week what should I do to winterize my Spyder?