Spyder Garage

Default Bob D. micro SD card....

Bob,

I know you said in a previous post you ordered a micro SD card for your smart phone. I picked up a 256GB micro SD card for $35 for my smart phone. I'm just curious if you got a better deal where you purchased? I purchased on-line at usadiscountwarehouse. I know if I purchased locally they wanted anywhere from $125-$199. They even threw in a 64GB micro SD, no charge.

I purchased from them in the past, and they've had all good reviews.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-08-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know....

That's a great deal thanks for the info the card is used in many applications...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Ron!
    That's a smoking hot GREAT deal!!
    I paid almost seventy bucks for mine...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Bob,

I know you said in a previous post you ordered a micro SD card for your smart phone. I picked up a 256GB micro SD card for $35 for my smart phone. I'm just curious if you got a better deal where you purchased? I purchased on-line at usadiscountwarehouse. I know if I purchased locally they wanted anywhere from $125-$199. They even threw in a 64GB micro SD, no charge.

I purchased from them in the past, and they've had all good reviews.
    What specific card? There good ones & cheap ones and fast ones & slow ones out there!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ordered a fast one...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What specific card? There good ones & cheap ones and fast ones & slow ones out there!
    It's rated as class 10, and serves my purpose.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was just looking up what mine was rated at...

Class 10 200G 200 GB Mobile Ultra 100MB/s
    You got the same speed, as the one that I got: for half the price!
    (You lucky devil! )

Spyder Garage

Default 32 gig

so if you have a device like my Sena 10c uses one that's bigger than 32g there's really no point is there? do they have to be partitioned and will the other partitions serve any purpose?
    never filled up a 32 on my phone even guess if I was taking millions of pics but now Ive got 64g le eco phone LePro and its never been near full. aside from the fact that LeEco is probably going out of business and there's no support unless you speak Chinese I have had the 1st one replaced when there was still an English speaking call center on the west coast...
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    so if you have a device like my Sena 10c uses one that's bigger than 32g there's really no point is there? do they have to be partitioned and will the other partitions serve any purpose?
    never filled up a 32 on my phone even guess if I was taking millions of pics but now Ive got 64g le eco phone LePro and its never been near full. aside from the fact that LeEco is probably going out of business and there's no support unless you speak Chinese I have had the 1st one replaced when there was still an English speaking call center on the west coast...
    Just for comparison my 64 Gb SD card now has 442 photos on it, with both JPG and Raw versions, for a total of 484 files and 8.32 Gb. The JPGs are over 12 mb ea and the raw versions over 22 mb each. That means 64 Gb will hold about 3000 high resolution, 6000 x 4000 pixel, photos. That's a lot!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For use in the new bike: we had to get a smartphone (I got an LG G5). I was told that due to the way that I'd be using it; I should get a micro SD card to expand the memory from it's OEM 32 GB capacity.
    (By the way: It's already filled up over 15 GB just on what I've already been doing with it...

Spyder Garage

Default Bob D, an update

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    For use in the new bike: we had to get a smartphone (I got an LG G5). I was told that due to the way that I'd be using it; I should get a micro SD card to expand the memory from it's OEM 32 GB capacity.
    (By the way: It's already filled up over 15 GB just on what I've already been doing with it...
    It looks like you got a better deal than I did. I loaded pictures on my cheap 256GB SD card in my Samsung 8+ a few months back, and it worked. Yesterday I noticed a message that said no SD card inserted. I pulled it, and reinserted the SD card, and also checked to see it was unlocked. It was no go again. I then pulled it, and put it in my USB reader plugged into my Mac, and it still didn't work. I had a 64GB laying around and put that into the phone, and it works. Lesson learned.

Spyder Garage

It looks like you got a better deal than I did. I loaded pictures on my cheap 256GB SD card in my Samsung 8+ a few months back, and it worked. Yesterday I noticed a message that said no SD card inserted. I pulled it, and reinserted the SD card, and also checked to see it was unlocked. It was no go again. I then pulled it, and put it in my USB reader plugged into my Mac, and it still didn't work. I had a 64GB laying around and put that into the phone, and it works. Lesson learned.
    Try going to your settings/storage and unmount (or maybe eject), then re-mount the micro SD card. You should always unmount the card before removing it, or you risk the loss of everything on it. Kinda sounds like you might have mistakenly formatted the card, which wipes it clean. When you put it into your computer, did it show you if there was any storage capacity on it? Iv'e made it a habit to only buy SanDisk cards, they are the best. I put one in my Garmin Zumo 660 to store map updates.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got a deal on a 256 but not anywhere near as cheap as you, $69.95. I have learned that the Samsung phones like the Samsung card. I have had other micro SD cards that I paid a lot more for that worked great until they were used in my Samsung phone. Then the went bad rather quickly, don't know if it is from the heat of the phone, the wireless charging, or something else that is causing it.

The Samsung cards in the Samsung phones have worked flawlessly.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Try going to your settings/storage and unmount (or maybe eject), then re-mount the micro SD card. You should always unmount the card before removing it, or you risk the loss of everything on it. Kinda sounds like you might have mistakenly formatted the card, which wipes it clean. When you put it into your computer, did it show you if there was any storage capacity on it? Iv'e made it a habit to only buy SanDisk cards, they are the best. I put one in my Garmin Zumo 660 to store map updates.
    It does not show in my Mac at all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I got a deal on a 256 but not anywhere near as cheap as you, $69.95. I have learned that the Samsung phones like the Samsung card. I have had other micro SD cards that I paid a lot more for that worked great until they were used in my Samsung phone. Then the went bad rather quickly, don't know if it is from the heat of the phone, the wireless charging, or something else that is causing it.

The Samsung cards in the Samsung phones have worked flawlessly.
    I'll check them out.

I just checked them out, and will be getting a samsung 128gb for $50 at best buy.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-06-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Beware USA Discoumt Warehouse

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am truly sorry to hear that...
    Mine is still humming along happily in the phone: I guess that we'll have to see if it continues to do so...