Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Base F3, SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    Anyone have one of the base models, or just me?
    Never hear much about them.
    Very happy with mine - 2800 miles to date.
    Added LED running lights, wrapped the grips, put on Matazu bags and a throttle lock.
    That's about it. (for now)
    So if you have one let's hear about it.
    I have one! 2015, +20000km and running just fine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
    I have one! 2015, +20000km and running just fine
    I have the 2015 SM6 the first F3 to be sold in New Zealand, I have done 37.000 kms on mine,
    and it looks a bit different now 20161001_160026.jpg
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3, SM6

Anyone have one of the base models, or just me?
    Never hear much about them.
    Very happy with mine - 2800 miles to date.
    Added LED running lights, wrapped the grips, put on Matazu bags and a throttle lock.
    That's about it. (for now)
    So if you have one let's hear about it.

Mine is a 2015 F3 SM6 and is the 3 one sold here in NZ and I have now done over 54,000 km on it, one early mode was to fit cruise control on it.

Spyder Garage

Had a base 2014 RT with the SM6 trans. Figured I had enough to learn going from two wheels to three wheels and the conventional clutch/shifter was something I didn't have to 'learn'.

When I decided to get a F-3 I looked for a SM again. Local dealer found exactly what I wanted a few states away but they also had the identical machine , color and all on their floor with the SE. After some hem hawing they made me a deal, essentially knocking off the price for the SE. Has taken me awhile to get used to it, but I do like it. Do like it better than the SM ? Sometimes I suppose, other times I miss the SM. Overall for me it's a tossup.

I DID find much less of a market for my 2014 RT because of the SM and agree with previous statements that on resale the additional $ for the SE is worth it. My 2 cents .
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Default russel day long?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post

Some of us create our own bells and whistles.
    That must be a Russell day long on your spyder? Howz it ride? sorry for the highjacked moment.

Spyder Garage

As of yesterday I now have a 2015 F3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    As of yesterday I now have a 2015 F3.
    interesting that some of the '15s have the silver grill accent and the silver side scoops-not on my '17.
    it's all henry Ford black. I like the silver accents
    and the NZ models look to have a different muffler? (unless Colin's is aftermarket)
    Last edited by ofdave; 01-27-2018 at 11:26 AM.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rudym View Post
    That must be a Russell day long on your spyder? Howz it ride? sorry for the highjacked moment.
    yes, that is a Russell Day Long. I love this seat. We can put in an 800 mile day and have no discomfort, get up and do it again the next day. Just my opinion but I think this is the best seat in the business.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

interesting that some of the '15s have the silver grill accent and the silver side scoops-not on my '17.
    and the NZ models look to have a different muffler? (unless Colin's is aftermarket)

I was told that the past owner added that as well as the front wheels. I am having the dealer add the heated grips, and I will need to add an F4 windshield.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Cool 2015 F3 Base

2015 F3 Base.jpg

I have had 2015 F3 for a couple of weeks. Only had 1200 miles on it. Slowly making. couple of mods and addons but that will be it. Love it better than the RTS that I got for my wife. Can you tell me about the throttle lock? Looking for something for long distance.

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the base F3 SE6. As it sat on Pitbull's showroom floor, it already had polished wheels and a windshield. I only had to add BRP cruise control, white fenders and Muth turn signal LED mirrors.
    Last edited by GaryTheBadger; 03-07-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shyde4668 View Post
    2015 F3 Base.jpg

I have had 2015 F3 for a couple of weeks. Only had 1200 miles on it. Slowly making. couple of mods and addons but that will be it. Love it better than the RTS that I got for my wife. Can you tell me about the throttle lock? Looking for something for long distance.
    You can add the cruise control just by changing the right hand control cluster.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SM6

I have a 2015 RT SM6. I have been shifting with my left foot since June of 1966. Plus I did not think the ability to shift with my thumb was worth the additional cost. But hey, that' just me.

Spyder Garage

Mine originally had silver side scoops, and the muffler is an Akrapovic that was bought out for the RT triple.
    Fits almost perfectly, just had to put a slight bend in one of the mounts for the heat shield to clear the frame.
    I think our muffler mount is different to yours as well.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

just got a 2018 base f3 love it