Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joerolwing View Post
    Originally Posted by Joerolwing
    I started with two fender washers with. 3/8" hole, glued them together, clamped them in a mandrel mounted in a drill press, and used a angle grInder to reduce the diameter to 1 3/8". I then squared the center hole to 3/8", then drilled and tapped holes for 1/8" 1/4" long screws, each 3/8" from center on the same line drawn through the center. Next, using a 1 1/2" long 1/2" bolt, I filed the end to a 3/8" square, possibly a fraction oversized. I then cut a 1" wide, 1/8" thick angle bracket from Home Depot and cut it in half at the angle. Next, I drilled and tapped it for the 1/2" bolt. Thread the bolt through this plate then press the bolt end into the washers, making certain the two "pins" are pointing opposite the bolt.
    Thanks for reposting this. Do you by chance have a picture of it?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    OK, I am helping a friend change the rear brake pads on his 2014 RT, we have the caliper off the bike and start screwing the piston into the body by turning it clockwise to compress the piston, only the piston just spins it doesn't screw into the body! We turned the piston at least 50 full revolutions so I'm sure something is not right. Any ideas why?

Thanks, Kent
    I had to take the caliper off the bike completely so I could put it into a vise in order to get enough push-in force to get the threads to catch. Read about my warning here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=brake+caution

I made a tool by taking a flat piece of steel 1" wide and ground and cut a gap in the middle leaving tabs at the two edges. It doesn't take much to turn the piston once it catches the thread. Pushing it in while turning until it does catch is the hard part. I'd post a pic of the tool but I can't find it now!

If you do remove the caliper from the brake line you need to bleed the rear caliper after installing and have the dealer eventually do a BUDS bleed process.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

IMG_1653.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Thanks for reposting this. Do you by chance have a picture of it?