Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Really? But not the anti-gun arguments, I suppose.
    For starters, most are not "anti-gun" but PRO effective gun regulations.

Then......do a little simple and easy research yourself. Take note of the news stories about people getting killed with guns......while another crime is NOT occurring. Then add up the news stories about "law abiding" citizens stopping a crime in progress by using their piece.

Just accidental shootings of friends and family occur about 10 times more often than shooting criminals.

Add in shootings that occur to ALL people who are not committing another criminal act at the time and it goes up to about 100 to 1. (Yes that is a guess.)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Simply due to the fact that most media is anti-gun, you will see few if any occurrences where a gun was used to stop or prevent a crime. NRA magazine does a nice job of giving you examples in every issue.

I'm also betting that due to the anti gun sentiment, many people that prevent a crime or issue (with a gun) don't report it. If you are an innocent survivor they want to put you through hell. Criminals, them we make excuses for and take care of.

As far as statistics, people seem to make them up to enforce their anti gun position. Three different articles, three different figures.
    Last edited by Saluda; 12-08-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    For starters, most are not "anti-gun" but PRO effective gun regulations
    For whom is it effective? The criminals that know they won't be facing an armed victim???

I prefer to keep them guessing!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Simply due to the fact that most media is anti-gun, you will see few if any occurrences where a gun was used to stop or prevent a crime.
    Absolute and total BS.

In my area, all the media outlets jump all over any story where that happens.

And I watch FOX a lot. How do you explain THEM not reporting same ??

NO, never mind.
    This "I've got my mind made up, don't confuse me with facts" gets old really quickly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Easy Rider;1321505]Absolute and total BS.

What I stated is accepted and proven many times over. Believe as you wish. Thank you NRA.

I love certain people, they believe that I say it so that means it's true.
    Last edited by Saluda; 12-08-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no doubt that not everyone is mentally and emotionally equipped to be around firearms.
    But I find it amazing that the folks who seemingly aren't: are also the ones who yell the loudest about restricting the rights of those that are...
    If you don't want to own one: don't!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As suggested in many NRA articles, I have attempted to have frank discussions with many people (reasonable ones) who are either on the fence or anti gun. It's amazing how many feelings and opinions are influenced and enforced by lies and non truths that are told over and over. When given facts and figures, many develop different opinions than originally believed.

There is hope, things seem to be changing for the better. Now if we could address the people with issues that are being ignored by our government (to save some money), maybe we could reduce the amount of tragic ocurrences these people commit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Believe it or not: HIPPA regulations are the culprit...
    Allow Law Enforcement Agencies the opportunity to look into a person's mental health history, and you'll catch an awful lot of the problems!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Allow Law Enforcement Agencies the opportunity to look into a person's mental health history, and you'll catch an awful lot of the problems!
    That I believe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Absolute and total BS.

In my area, all the media outlets jump all over any story where that happens.

And I watch FOX a lot. How do you explain THEM not reporting same ??

NO, never mind.
    This "I've got my mind made up, don't confuse me with facts" gets old really quickly
    Ayup, sure does. Therefore I will not discuss this any further with you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you NRA.
    Well THAT pretty well tells the whole story here.
    THIS is why I avoid these discussions; totally pointless.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And yet you're still tAlking...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As suggested in many NRA articles, I have attempted to have frank discussions with many people (reasonable ones) who are either on the fence or anti gun. It's amazing how many feelings and opinions are influenced and enforced by lies and non truths that are told over and over. When given facts and figures, many develop different opinions than originally believed.

There is hope, things seem to be changing for the better. Now if we could address the people with issues that are being ignored by our government (to save some money), maybe we could reduce the amount of tragic ocurrences these people commit.
    If the NRA is your source of information, it's you that needs to be exposed and open to reasonable arguments from the other perspective I think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One source of many, and I am. I just admitted to that. Please don't assume.
    Just when I thought someone was becoming very reasonable.
    Last edited by Saluda; 12-09-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One source of many, and I am. I just admitted to that. Please don't assume. Just when I thought someone was becoming very reasonable.
    Then I apologize. I misunderstood.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-09-2017 at 12:57 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can buy all the parts to assemble a gun over the internet EXCEPT THE RECIEVER. It is considered the firearm and must be transferred through a licensed dealer. It is legal for a person to build his own gun. If one has the mechanical ability to machine the receiver, it is legal. Most people do not have the ability ore the machines.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Like a "private" party being able to sell guns to anybody, even in places like gun shows, without ANY checks at all.
    Then there is the ability to order an entire gun one piece at a time with no restrictions.[/QUOTE]

me thinks you are off in your above post... all the gun shows I have attended in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas the vendors HAVE TO DO CHECKS WITH ATF ... and some parts of a gun you can buy with any check... but if you buy a lower receiver for a rifle, shotgun a ATF check is necessary...

osm

Spyder Garage

Default too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The only time this information is available, as it should be, is if someone has been involuntary committed by a probate judge to treatment for their mental illness.

To be the devils advocate, perhaps we should lift HIPPA regulations so that we can screen for those with hypertension, diabetes or heart failure as unsafe conditions to allow purchase and ownership of a firearm.

It is a very slippery slope when you want to lift HIPPA to deny a select class of individuals from purchase or ownership of most anything; firearms, contraceptives, morning after contraception or most anything else you might consider limiting someone's right to purchase or own.

I am not anti gun, but the carnage in this "world leader" of a country that we live in is absolutely atrocious. No on complains other than about the cost of new safer automobiles that are lowering highway death rates and saving the lives of their occupants. Will stop now and wait for the flaming to begin.

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Slippery slop"?

So is NOT dealing with giving the decision-makers the necessary information to make correct assessments of a person who want to buy a firearm.

I'm all for personal freedom and privacy. I just want my family and friends to have the freedom from living in fear, and the right to keep criminals (and the criminally insane) out of their private homes.