Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Private Sale loophole has been exaggerated...
    Most private party transfers are between individuals who know one another.
    Or better yet: they're related!
    I think that I know my family and friends well enough to know which ones should (or shouldn't!) handle firearms.
    Ordering guns online... that's just a myth.
    You'll still need to have your background checked out.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It shouldn't be unlawful to buy or sell or gift a lawful item.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    ...because the priority is on tax cuts for the wealthy individuals and corporations.
    Do you have an unbiased source for this claim?
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He doesn't...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But we can't AFFORD to do better checks......or to close the "loopholes" and make illegal sales "iron clad".....because the priority is on tax cuts for the wealthy individuals and corporations.

Do we really want to have the "gun" discussion here ??

The problem is multi-faceted. We screwed up big time about 30 years ago when most of the government funding for mental health care stopped.
    THEN we allowed the "legitimate" gun lobby to create a mess where even the universally agreed upon restrictions almost can't be enforced.
    Guns themselves are not THE problem. But the mass proliferation of guns certainly IS a significant part of the problem

A good start would be to stop referring to gun laws as "control" and instead call it what it is: restrictions.

Being mostly on the outside of the heated part of the debate, I was shocked when leafing through a sporting magazine in a waiting room a few weeks ago and seeing several ads for "weapons of mass destruction", one of which was one that claimed to be able to fire something like 15 12ga rounds in 8 seconds. Every deer hunter in the US certainly needs one of those.
    Finally - Someone with common sense.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Did not take long to get a bunch of comments. We will have to wait and see what Congress does--I for one, am not going to hold my breath.

On paper--looks and sounds good. Add amendments (and that is what happens to everything) and it becomes a muddy mess.

That is what happens when the foxes are in charge of the chicken coop.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Anyone who doesn't have their head up their a**
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-07-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Being mostly on the outside of the heated part of the debate, I was shocked when leafing through a sporting magazine in a waiting room a few weeks ago and seeing several ads for "weapons of mass destruction", one of which was one that claimed to be able to fire something like 15 12ga rounds in 8 seconds. Every deer hunter in the US certainly needs one of those.
    Nothing anywhere in the 2nd amendment is about hunting deer, it is about the right to defend oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That counts you out as a source!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Originally Posted by UtahPete

That counts you out as a source!
    That's fair...forgot my
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

That is certainly compelling evidence.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that the personal attacks and hysteria from BOTH sides can be dialed-back a bit...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe I should have said 'anyone who isn't being willfully ignorant'
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It always is amazing how hard it is to pass something for "law abiding citizens " . The government will pass laws easily that help the Criminally insane, Common Criminals and Drug addicts avoid having to follow the law.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    It always is amazing how hard it is to pass something for "law abiding citizens " . The government will pass laws easily that help the Criminally insane, Common Criminals and Drug addicts avoid having to follow the law.
    Wouldn't it be nice if all laws had a sunset clause, which would force lawmakers to rethink social policy every 10 years or so?

And, all lawmakers had meaningful term limits.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If you had actually read my whole post, there was one good example.

And that "criminal taking time to think out who might be the least risky target" is largely devoid of any real substance.........BECAUSE the criminal almost always has the barrel in your face before you know it and whether or not you are "carrying" makes no difference. Once he has the drop on you, reaching for your piece is MORE likely to get you killed.

Most of the pro-gun arguments are based more on emotions than on facts.
    Really? But not the anti-gun arguments, I suppose.

Spyder Garage

This is how it should be!

2nd-ismy-permit1.jpg
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It won't happen during the lifetime of anyone here today, well except maybe those under 30, but when the population of this country reaches the area of about one billion people in 50 to 100 years from now popular sentiment will change. The 2nd amendment will be repealed, or at least amended to allow only hunting and competition firearms which must be stored in a gun club safe. No more home storage.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Agree But for One Thing ...

Where a state issues an actual CCW, it makes sense to honor it nationwide. What I read, however, is that if a state allows CCW without issuing any permit, the law would require reciprocity on that, too. I object to that part because it would create an enforcement nightmare for the police. If I'm a cop and stop somebody who is carrying but has no physical CCW permit or is at least in some database I could look up, how do I know if he is really authorized in his home state or not? I'd have to know the laws of all 50 states. That seems like a needless burden on the police. Simple solution - require reciprocity only if the carrier can produce a physical permit - states not currently requiring a CCW permit could easily issue a courtesy authorization for their citizens to carry with them when out of state.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    It won't happen during the lifetime of anyone here today, well except maybe those under 30, but when the population of this country reaches the area of about one billion people in 50 to 100 years from now popular sentiment will change. The 2nd amendment will be repealed, or at least amended to allow only hunting and competition firearms which must be stored in a gun club safe. No more home storage.
    X2. But I think this is coming a lot sooner than we think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Where a state issues an actual CCW, it makes sense to honor it nationwide. What I read, however, is that if a state allows CCW without issuing any permit, the law would require reciprocity on that, too. I object to that part because it would create an enforcement nightmare for the police. If I'm a cop and stop somebody who is carrying but has no physical CCW permit or is at least in some database I could look up, how do I know if he is really authorized in his home state or not? I'd have to know the laws of all 50 states. That seems like a needless burden on the police. Simple solution - require reciprocity only if the carrier can produce a physical permit - states not currently requiring a CCW permit could easily issue a courtesy authorization for their citizens to carry with them when out of state.
    For a Nationwide Right to Carry Law to actually work: the investigatory process will need to be uniform, consistent, and equally applied.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I believe this is the UK as we speak.
    If you are urban and wealthy enough to belong to a shooting/hunting club, you may own a firearm, as long as you store it at the club and use it at the club. If you can't afford to belong to a club, you can't in reality own a firearm. (or a crossbow)
    If you are rural and own a farm you may keep a .22 or a shotgun in your home, with special permission, for the control of rodents and other animal pests.

Classless society? Not so much.

If I am incorrect, I invite correction by my British friends.
    My daughter and her family will be moving to England again in July and this information will help my decisions about a gift to my grandson.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I read that Alaska has no CCW permit needed to carry in the state, but to travel to other states you have to obtain the state CCW permit. I think that is required from other states with in state carry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    I read that Alaska has no CCW permit needed to carry in the state, but to travel to other states you have to obtain the state CCW permit. I think that is required from other states with in state carry.
    I do not know what the actual laws about CCW are here. I don't do it and I do not pack a gun everywhere I go.

Most of the people here do pack a gun. Not uncommon to go into a restaurant and see someone that has a holster on. Add all the CC stuff, and it going to increase a lot.

I have learned to avoid certain neighborhoods, never get into a argument or road rage with anyone. Most of these things end up in shootouts. We have at least one of those a day now. Anchorage Bowl population--about 300,000. Sometimes, I think we are in Chicago.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I CCW everywhere I go and I don't support business that doesn't allow me to carry. I do wish NC would put our pictures on the CCW, that's the only thing that is wrong with ours.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Most private party transfers are between individuals who know one another.
    Ordering guns online... that's just a myth.
    You'll still need to have your background checked out.
    Sure Bob. ALL of those people who attend gun shows know or are related to one another.

And I wish you would try to read and comprehend all of the information in a post before replying to it.
    I said that you can order a whole gun, almost any kind, IF you order it one piece at a time and then put it together yourself.
    That is NOT a myth.