Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Powering Accent Lighting

I want to add accent lighting above the front grills. Rather than running the positive lead from the battery, is it feasible to use an Add-a-Circuit adaptor plugged into the right hand fuse box position that was vacated when I switched the fuse to an adjacent position to have constant power to the power outlet in the trunk (using it for the Battery Tender) ?? If I do it this way, the accent lighting will be on whenever the engine is running.

Last edited by SpyderConvert; 12-06-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added picture
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sure....

Thing would be if it would all clear and the cover will fit back on snuggly to keep things water tight....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    I want to add accent lighting above the front grills. Rather than running the positive lead from the battery, is it feasible to use an Add-a-Circuit adaptor plugged into the right hand fuse box position that was vacated when I switched the fuse to an adjacent position to have constant power to the power outlet in the trunk (using it for the Battery Tender) ?? If I do it this way, the accent lighting will be on whenever the engine is running.
    I wouldn't do it that way. Too many potential issues with leaking fuse box to begin with. Tap into an existing lighting circuit at a watertight connector using an adapter such as this one TricLED included in one of their lighting kits;

bumpskid LED wire.jpg
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Fuse Box

I had thought about the improper sealing of the fuse box, but thought that I'd wait until I was ready to begin the project to see if I could make it work (maybe with a grommet??). Thank you, gentlemen, for the input.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light

Spyder Garage

Check out a power distribution setup like an Eastern Beaver PC-8, use a relay to supply power directly from the battery. This will give you 6 switched and 2 always on fused circuits to power whatever you want.

john

Spyder Garage

If you use the Show Chrome 13-311 fuse block the relays are built into the box. Then you can add anything you want without an issue.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks, John and Bert, excellent ideas!!