Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 20,000 mile review.....sweet and simple.

I purchased my new 2016 F3s Special February 2017, it had ZERO miles on it.
    I did a 10,000 mile review, no issues reported then.
    Today I hit 20,000 miles so I figured I'd burn a few minutes of my time and post my findings.
    All my services were performed by my dealer who has done an excellent job, no issues with him as well.
    1. I replaced my rear BRP tire at 13,000 miles and rotated the fronts tires (not the rims) .
    I could have gotten 15,000 out of the rear BRP tire but since I was doing some trips I replaced it sooner.
    My front BRP tires have 20,000 miles on them and still going strong.

2. My BRP idler now has 19,000 miles on it and is still working like new.
    I am considering replacing it before February because my one year warranty is up then.
    Since its cheap and the warranty includes the belt I think its a good idea.

3. My front sprocket was changed under warranty at the 19,000 mile mark because I found the evil "red dust" on it.
    I'm in a bit of a twist over this issue because I feel BRP should have included its inspection at my regular dealer service.
    Had this forum not convinced me to inspect it myself I might have had a roadside/tow issue develop.
    This is a HUGE gray area for me because of BRPs conduct and that I found it before BRP did.
    Because it was only a mild inconvenience I'm leaving this issue as........gray.

4. All my farkle has performed admirably and no adverse issues notable.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice...

So we will see you at 30,000 mile marker.... glad things have gone well outside of the whole rust thing....you have been out there for sure and am sure you will continue on with no problems...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So If your $35 Idler Arm is working So well How Come people are trying to get us to buy a MUCH more expensive one???
    I don't even have one But my tension is Now 120 on the Kricket and I'm a Happy Camper.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    So If your $35 Idler Arm is working So well How Come people are trying to get us to buy a MUCH more expensive one???
    I don't even have one But my tension is Now 120 on the Kricket and I'm a Happy Camper.
    Cause there is someone on this forum that is selling his own idler.

If you like your setup....don't buy an idler.

Spyder Garage

I'm glad to see your F3S has been trouble-free. I'm at the point of going from two wheels to three do to some health issues related to aging. I'm considering an F3T but since it's essentially the same machine there shouldn't be any major differences. Hopefully your luck will continue. Enjoy your ride.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    I'm glad to see your F3S has been trouble-free. I'm at the point of going from two wheels to three do to some health issues related to aging. I'm considering an F3T but since it's essentially the same machine there shouldn't be any major differences. Hopefully your luck will continue. Enjoy your ride.
    I had to go three wheels for the same reason. Rode a GL1800 since 2002. I do fork work for guys that have GL trikes and I test ride them. Ugh. No fun, just work. Spyder is fun.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    I had to go three wheels for the same reason. Rode a GL1800 since 2002. I do fork work for guys that have GL trikes and I test ride them. Ugh. No fun, just work. Spyder is fun.
    I test rode a buddy's GoldWing Trike and another buddy's Harley TriGlide.
    In my opinion the differences were too vast to even consider them as options.
    I use my F3s in place of my car....weather permitting cause its that convenient.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting your impressions at 20K.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

13k on your OEM rear tire? Nice!

I got 8k and mine was toast
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Smile Over 10K - ZERO problems

F3T Limited is a terrific machine. Well thought out. Did a 58-day 9,500-mile cross-Canada/USA ride earlier this year. Hauling a trailer the F3 hit 37.7MPG across the Plains. Impressive. Had the belt tightened at first service. Other than that it ran flawlessly, including through a nasty hailstorm in upstate New York. Wife's 2015 RT Limited also cruised effortlessly, but with new rear tire in Boise ID. This 71-YO couldn't be happier.