Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2011 RS S new to me

Hi, just joined what looks to be a great forum. Bought a 2011 RS S with 6700 miles on it and having a blast learning to ride something completely different from the motorcycles I've ridden for 40+ years. Rode156 miles the other day up 243 to Idyllwild and then 74 down to Hemet andyes it was a workout but fun, not as fast as riding a motorcycle butstill fun. Willbe replacing the stock sway bar and links with some after market onesfrom BajaRon which should make a noticeable difference in cornerroll. Had to drive in downtown Riverside traffic a bit and notputting your feet down was a big plus but not filtering throughtraffic was a minus, but it did give me time to rubber neck and takein the sites, so all good. Mileage is a minus as it got 28 mph,probably due to staying mostly in 3rd gear in the mountains cause Idid get 32 when riding on the freeway, but I knew that the 998 motorwas not fuel efficient going in so not a big surprise.
    My V-Strom is feeling
    neglected as the Spyder is getting all the attention so will need to do some 2 wheeling soon, all fun.
    Will be looking over all the information on the forums as I have learned a lot already which will be excellent help in maintaining the Spyder so a big thanks to all the forum members.

Jerry
    2015 F3 S , Silver and orange

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

To both the spyder world and this strangely awesome site. Great choice of ryde.. love ryding up to Idlywilde, we do have some great ryding around southern California. I have an RS 2012 Sm5 and can tell you when you set it up right you will be running very close to what you did on your two wheeler. Enjoy the learning experience it only gets better....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to our world. The RS SE5 was my introduction to three wheel riding. Three Spyders later, I still love the ride. On my '09 RS, I did need to change my riding position, so I invented the RS SE5/SM5 Seal Floorboards to improve my riding position. I also added some handle bar risers. Shoulder and knee problems. Enjoy your new baby, and...
    Ride in comfort,
    John