Spyder Garage

Default evo tire on 2016 rts..sticky tire hard to install bead?

is someone bs ing me?
    anyone have this problem

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    is someone bs ing me?
    anyone have this problem
    If you are talking a Federal EVO for the front I take them to Discount Tire loose and have them mount and balance them. Have done 2 sets that way with no problems. Make sure they mount them the proper direction.

Spyder Garage

I have mounted a few of those. No more difficult than Yokos or some other tires. Kenda's are pretty easy with thier flimsy sidewalls but most automotive tires are a bit better supported. Sounds like your shop needs better mounting equipment.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Sounds like your shop needs better mounting equipment.
    Or at least better lube! you know this is going to devolve quickly.....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    is someone bs ing me?
    anyone have this problem
    Have you gone to an after market tire outlet, or this at a dealer? Or maybe it's a motorbike tire place??

What SIZE tire are you trying to put on the Spyder rim??

Some of the 'narrower' nominal sized tires that suit might take a little more than 'just basic' tire fitting skills & effort to put on (more in seating the bead due to the lesser width than anything else tho); but really, Spyder rims are standard car rims in all but the hub centre hole diameter & the tires are std car tires (except the OE Spec Kendas are somewhat flimsier than the rest!), so if the tire is anything within a range from about 20mm under in width to std (ie, 205 instead of the stock 225 on the rear or 145ish thru the stock 165 to 175 or even 185 up front) & it's a 50-75 profile then there shouldn't be ANY hassle in fitting such a tire onto the Spyder rims.... unless the fitter hasn't fitted a car tire onto a car rim before??

Or as others have mentioned, maybe they really need better equipment or lube but then, we all know that it's not really the tool that makes the difference, it's the ars***le weilding it that lets it do the job properly!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lubing the rubber prior to mounting is an art form....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HARD TO MOUNT TIRES

It's not only low profile tires .... I have had some issues with 70 series tires ..... I did find some interesting methods on U-tube tho .... they sell a bucket ( Qt ) of Soap that is as thick as heavy grease , after the tire beads are both on .... you put a very heavy coating of this stuff on one side where the bead and wheel make contact ....it seals the air leak ( temporarily ) and prevents the air from escaping .... the tire then filled immed. with air ...... the stuff is re-usable ,just scoop it off and re-turn it to the container .......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    If you are talking a Federal EVO for the front I take them to Discount Tire loose and have them mount and balance them. Have done 2 sets that way with no problems. Make sure they mount them the proper direction.
    Thank you for reply. More soapy water was the cure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    yes more soapy sauce was needed.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    It's not only low profile tires .... I have had some issues with 70 series tires ..... I did find some interesting methods on U-tube tho .... they sell a bucket ( Qt ) of Soap that is as thick as heavy grease , after the tire beads are both on .... you put a very heavy coating of this stuff on one side where the bead and wheel make contact ....it seals the air leak ( temporarily ) and prevents the air from escaping .... the tire then filled immed. with air ...... the stuff is re-usable ,just scoop it off and re-turn it to the container .......Mike
    thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Have you gone to an after market tire outlet, or this at a dealer? Or maybe it's a motorbike tire place??

What SIZE tire are you trying to put on the Spyder rim??

Some of the 'narrower' nominal sized tires that suit might take a little more than 'just basic' tire fitting skills & effort to put on (more in seating the bead due to the lesser width than anything else tho); but really, Spyder rims are standard car rims in all but the hub centre hole diameter & the tires are std car tires (except the OE Spec Kendas are somewhat flimsier than the rest!), so if the tire is anything within a range from about 20mm under in width to std (ie, 205 instead of the stock 225 on the rear or 145ish thru the stock 165 to 175 or even 185 up front) & it's a 50-75 profile then there shouldn't be ANY hassle in fitting such a tire onto the Spyder rims.... unless the fitter hasn't fitted a car tire onto a car rim before??

Or as others have mentioned, maybe they really need better equipment or lube but then, we all know that it's not really the tool that makes the difference, it's the ars***le weilding it that lets it do the job properly!
    Federal 595 EVO High Performance Tire - 165/55R15 75V