Spyder Garage

Default Travelling to NordKapp, Norway from Barcelona, Spain.

Hi.
    On January 5th, I will retire with 61 years and 45 worked.
    For a long time I have dreamed of traveling to the North Cape in Norway from Barcelona, Spain during the months of June and July 2018.
    I was thinking of doing the trip with my Honda VTX 1300 but my back made me go to the "dark side" and I will do it with my 2011 RT Ltd.
    The trip is about 12,000 km, approximately 7,500 miles round trip and the duration of about 28 0 30 days with journeys of 500 km per day maximum.
    I have thought about traveling with camping tent. Alone during the approaches, (BCN Stocholm and Oslo BCN) and with my wife from Stockholm to the North Cape and from the North Cape to Oslo.
    Any ideas or recommendations will be well received.
    Thank you.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Never been there but would like to. Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great adventure. I’d leave the camping equipment at home and stay in hotels. If you were going to spend a few days at each location then camping is gone but setting up and tearing down your camp every day is a pain.

Whatecer you do take lots lots of pictures to share with us.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome...!!

You have great options over there with the hostels, airbnb, B&B's along the way. With your plan of 500km a day you can plan your stays in advance and be able to just relax and settle in when you get there. If you do go for the camping route will you be hauling a trailer/camper or tenting. You have different equipment available over there so what we might recommend may not be possible. You will need a good camera/phone to keep us up to date with your travels for sure...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

That sounds like a GREAT trip, take your time ,do not rush it. All those countries are beautiful and would be great on the spyder. I have been in Barcelona and nearly all the European countries but never made Norway so can picture in my mind what a wonderful trip it will be. I am off to Scotland, Ireland and England
    this winter. Have a great trip and as said by Ann, share some pictures.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a nice trip that you have planned. Advice about camping is right on. As little as possible. B&B's or hotels are great ways to unwind after a days riding. Take lots of pictures and share them with us.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That sounds like a great adventure trip. Your plan works out to about 250 miles/day, so you'll have time to stop and explore some of the places along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Sounds like a great adventure. I’d leave the camping equipment at home and stay in hotels. If you were going to spend a few days at each location then camping is gone but setting up and tearing down your camp every day is a pain.

Whatecer you do take lots lots of pictures to share with us.
    Camping would work fine for more than one night at a time, but when you're moving everyday, it would get to be a pain, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You have great options over there with the hostels, airbnb, B&B's along the way. With your plan of 500km a day you can plan your stays in advance and be able to just relax and settle in when you get there. If you do go for the camping route will you be hauling a trailer/camper or tenting. You have different equipment available over there so what we might recommend may not be possible. You will need a good camera/phone to keep us up to date with your travels for sure...
    Hostels are so common in Europe, I'd think you would be more comfortable, have less hassle and carry less gear. That's what I'd do if the cost of hotels is prohibitive.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Along the Way

Been to Nordkapp more than once -- winter and summer. To see Norway at its best, you should get over to the coast and make sure to see some of the great fjords. There is nothing like them. You really need to see them by boat. And the towns of Bergen, Alesund, Trondheim and Tromso are just great.

If you take the shorter route either up or back (Oslo to Lillehammar to Trondheim, Lillehammar is a nice town to stay in and the site of the '94 winter olympics. As small cities go, Oslo has a lot to offer.

Enjoy! Great country.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces