Took the big plunge today - changed the oil and the oil and transmission filters. I have been using this site to try to figure out how hard it was going to be, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Took about three hours start to finish! I don't want to brag, but I didn't think it was really all that hard. Maybe I thought it would be harder because I had never done it before. The 6mm drain plug was tighter than it needed to be, I about broke my arm when it finally broke loose. Thanks to BajaRon for both filters and Orings, everything worked like it was made for it. I did make a little mess removing the trans filter, next time I'll put a few paper towels under the filter(Duh!!) to keep the oil from running all into the area under the filter, and then dripping on the driveway.

Anyway, with the oil and filters now changed, the weather can now officially get colder, but only if it wants to. I have been perfectly happy to ride to work every day with the temps in the morning in the 20s, and 40s or 50s in the afternoon. I will continue to ride to work until it snows (possibly Wed!)or until I get tired of my fingertips being frozen on the morning ride. I really like my Spyder!!