Spyder Garage

Default Air deflector for mirror?

Not certain if I saw it here, another site, or in my head after a few beers (probably the latter).

Is anyone aware of a air deflector attachment that can mount on the top of the mirror? I notice that the airflow below the handgrip is dead still, however, the airflow over the top of the mirrors seems to cut just across the top where your fingers are. Not a problem in moderate temps, but in the cold, it starts to get annoying.
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default air deflector

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    Not certain if I saw it here, another site, or in my head after a few beers (probably the latter).

Is anyone aware of a air deflector attachment that can mount on the top of the mirror? I notice that the airflow below the handgrip is dead still, however, the airflow over the top of the mirrors seems to cut just across the top where your fingers are. Not a problem in moderate temps, but in the cold, it starts to get annoying.
    No I haven't but I've thought about making one ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default try this guy....

Baker Built..Air Wings...he is a sponsor/vendor here. You can find him on the home page... if he doesn't have them he can make them. I just use heated gloves but my hands are all out there...🤤
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There is a product out there called Hippo Hands that will do the job and in the warm weather
    they come off easily. https://www.hippohands.com/products/rogue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    There is a product out there called Hippo Hands that will do the job and in the warm weather
    they come off easily. https://www.hippohands.com/products/rogue
    Interesting. Didn't know about that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have a pair of original Hippo's around here somewhere, probably with my stash of gear in the garage attic. They worked great in the cold Ohio winters. I never owned a car or truck until my daughter was born so I was a good lab rat for cold weather gear.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BETTER FOR LESS

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Interesting. Didn't know about that.
    If you are thinking of the Hippo Hands ---look on DENNISKIRK.COM ....snow-mobile catalog ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you are thinking of the Hippo Hands ---look on DENNISKIRK.COM ....snow-mobile catalog ...... Mike
    Thanks. I just thought they were interesting but I don't think I'll be in weather THAT cold! I've got some really good BMW and Tourmaster winter gloves that, together with the heated grips are more than adequate.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Those look pretty cool. (I mean warm.)
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Agree, thinking of installing a handguard on my ST Limited.
    But those universal handguard dont really fit nicely to it due to the heated grip installed inside the grip.
    Wonder anyone have found one?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Instead of looking for guards for the mirrors, look at hand deflectors. You should be able to adapt what’s out there for Spyder handlebars. I used hand deflectors on my Suzuki for winter riding and they will help.

Spyder Garage

I actually have a pair of Barkbusters which originally did fit on the Spyder when it was first new and had the factory windscreen. I have since changed the windscreen to a larger sized Cal-Sci unit which is wider at the base near where the grips meet during a full turn. The Barkbusters stick out from the grips about 4 inches forward which made them work with the factory windscreen, but render them far too tight when making a full turn with the Cal-Sci.

I suppose what I may need would be some kind of soft mitt type that would not interfere with the windscreen during a full turn, so I have been looking at some of the stuff made for snowmobiles and ATV's.
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac