Spyder Garage

Post Another Spyder F3-S found a new happy owner.

I've always wanted a motorcycle. All my life. As long as I can remember.
    There's something about the sound of the exhaust pipes, smiles on the faces of the riders, and the promised freedom that always attracted me.

You all well know how it goes - wife, kids, house, new kitchen, more kids, another house, new bathroom... My dream of buying a motorcycle stayed unreachable for a very long while... until I'd heard from someone - "have you ever seen a motorcycle parked at the shrink's office"? That was it for me. The decision was made right then. I took MSF course and got my license.

I was looking at Honda CBR 500R, then Shadow, then a naked bike, but something about the safety and visibility on the public roads kept me away from fully committing. Too many videos of bikers slipping on gravel, sand and wet leaves when cornering. Too many serious injuries and horror stories of motorcyclists being ran over by left-hand turners. I bought several books on motorcycle safety and mastering the two-wheeled machines. I've read them all.

Then I've heard that Can-Am encourages test rides and discovered that there's a dealership 3 miles away from my house. Scheduled my test ride, and rode this three-wheeled beast for about half an hour. I was hooked. There's no danger of low-siding, there's better visibility, there's safety and stability. The friendly smile and an understanding nod from the owner of Smith Marine USA didn't help my wife's pleas at all.

What color did I buy? Bright orange, of course I'm 42, after all

The very next day I rode it to work. Two miles down the road I saw another Spyder approaching. I waved my hand like a little girl at a concert.
    By the end of the ride my face hurt from grinning for 40 minutes. Parked it right under my office window and my colleagues had to remind me to stop staring out the window, saying "yes, relax, it's still there"

I understand now what it's all about.

I tried my best to express first ride impressions in this video (enjoy):

https://youtu.be/y5ksE90-2AQ

Ryde on!
    - Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

To both the s pyder world and this site. Congrats on the new ryde.. you are very well informed about it as one can see from your video. Great video, are you a sales rep for can am..., you well could be...enjoy it you waited long enough...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

! You definitely "get us"!! Again, welcome!!

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

48 years old here, bought the same bike a few months ago and took a road trip with my dad cross country in Oct. from SC to Washington state. You might say that it was a bucket list trip for us.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome,

Congrats & enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome Post!!!

I felt the same way riding mine home the first time... When I pulled in my driveway the smile on my face said it all, congrats and enjoy your ryde!!!

Life is GOOD...............
    2015 F3S
    SmoothSpyder backrest
    lidloxs
    Gloryder F3 Logo Lights
    Lamonster mirror relocations and turn signals
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Lamonster Power Plate
    X Grip
    Ram mount

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

they don't have a pill for this sickness either!!

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congratulations! Bought my (blue) F3-S at the end of July and still grin like crazy when I ride it. I moved over from 2 wheels, and haven't regretted it for a second. And, yeah, I wave like crazy when I see another Spyder, but they are rather scarce in my area of SW Virginia.
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome aboard

Congrats on your ryde and finding this spot. You will never get that smile off your face. Of course it isn't all fun and games, there is this dread disease called farkeling. Very contagious.
    Ranman42