Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It looks like dealer was NOT communicating with BRP. This has happened many times in the past.

Give BRP a chance and then let us know what happens.
    More likely BRP's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing - as seen in the remarkably distressing F3 drive pulley debacle.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Yes the dealer has tried warranty 3 times and it was turned down 3 times. They say I needed to take it back to the dealership for service and belt adjustments.
    Sense I did my own it's my Problem!
    Will its looks like I have a winter projects , no riding this winter.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    Yes the dealer has tried warranty 3 times and it was turned down 3 times. They say I needed to take it back to the dealership for service and belt adjustments.
    Sense I did my own it's my Problem!
    Will its looks like I have a winter projects , no riding this winter.
    Don't give up hope. I personally talked with some of the BRP Care folks at Homecoming and will say I believe they truly care that we owners get treated fairly. As Freddy says it's most likely a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, or knows. In case you haven't looked at it take a scan through this thread about the F3 pulley debacle he mentions. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ket-Inspection. In that case one, or was it two, BRP persons were flat out wrong about which way the front sprocket should be installed.

As I said earlier, I think BRP owes you a new frame.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default CONDOLENCES ...

Hope they get you back up and running soon Darryl...
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Default update

Just a update , want thank Rocky at Coyote Powersports Boerne TX for his efforts with BRP. I would not wait to take your spyder to the dealer if the belt is staying to far off the inside edge. This one of the main reasons they turn me down on my warranty because I was resetting it my shelf. If they had a way to track the dealer resetting the belt, I'm guessing it would most like be covered.
    Will life goes on, the spyder is home and now I will start the rebuild. The photos are of the damaged parts the right side has 1mm + wear and the left has 2mm+wear. I have ordered a new axle when it come in I will drilling the mount and install sleeve.

1201171401a_HDR.jpg1201171403_HDR.jpg

Spyder Garage

Why not allow BRP to pick up the pieces since they offered to help?

Spyder Garage

BRP did not offer to fix it ,its on my $$$$. The only words they had were we are sorry and no.

Spyder Garage

Reply 23 gave some hope of assistance I thought. But it's your trike to do with as you please.

Spyder Garage

Did you do as BRP cafes asked? In #23???
    they have helped others out, just give them all the info and photos they need to help you!!!
    if they can’t help then you can do it yourself.
    At least you have the experience do it yourself, I wouldn’t have the knowledge or the tools to do it.
    either way, I wish you well
    take care
    DJ
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Yes I have spoken 3 times on the phone and sent the email that BRP Care asked for.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With all the negative PR that this poor fellow has generated for BRP. they could have at least sent him the parts to repair his trike. If he's convinced only two potential customers to avoid purchasing spyders, the loss to BRP would far exceed their cost of replacement parts for his spyder. I've hade a similar experience with BRP and when interested people ask me about my spyder, I tell them how much I like it and how much I dislike BRP and exactly why. It seems like every other day someone is asking me how I like my spyder, and sometimes even twice a day.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on swing arm

Just finished reinstalling the swing arm on my 2014 Rts Se6. After checking the bushing in the frame, 90% of it was at 25mm same as the axle for the swing arm. Did find movement where the swing arm bearing meet the frame,1.58mm play. Installed shim between arm and frame. I know can set the belt and it will not move from one side to the other when I start and stop. I will start next week putting all the body parts back on and again with no help from BRP.
    If anyone else has a problem with the belt walking back and forth, take to your dealer and get it fixed. I didn't think it was a big thing, until I tried with 40000+ miles on it. They will tell you its your problem because you over tighten the belt. I have owned 3 Spyders and have never even lost a rear wheel bearing, part of fun for me was doing my own maintenance. Doing a major repair is not fun, I will still ride and enjoy the spyder but will not have anything good to say about BRP Warranty and the way they do not stand behind there spyder.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Just finished reinstalling the swing arm on my 2014 Rts Se6.<snip>I will still ride and enjoy the spyder but will not have anything good to say about BRP Warranty and the way they do not stand behind there spyder.

Same old sad story. Glad you have succeeded in doing what BRP refused to do for a repeat customer. Is there another message here for others, I wonder?

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just curious what you have been setting your tension at?
    And I agree with Joel that it sounds like the bearing froze and caused friction at the wear points on the frame. Tension wouldn't cause that. And, it seems that the rear bearings would have went first due to overtightening.

Spyder Garage

One of the swing arm had a rough spot, the bearing was not bad just an over tighten bearing mount. The bearing was binding in the mount, when ahead and repaired it also.

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Well after 2 months the rt is back together. Did a 700 mile round trip to South Padre and the belt and every thing electrical was working great.
    Want thank Rocky at Coyote Powersports of Boerne Tx. for all his help and for taking the spyder part and finding root of the problem. If you need a dealer check then out, they are a caring dearer.
    .1226171206_HDR.jpg1223171722a_HDR.jpg1226171559_HDR.jpg1230171713b_HDR.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well after 2 months the rt is back together. Did a 700 mile round trip to South Padre and the belt and every thing electrical was working great.
    Want thank Rocky at Coyote Powersports of Boerne Tx. for all his help and for taking the spyder part and finding root of the problem. If you need a dealer check then out, they are a caring dearer.
    Glad you got it back together and are back riding. It sucks being down during good riding weather.

Spyder Garage

do you know now what the final problem was?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Yes, the axle mounted to the frame was letting the swing arm moving left and right. Add slims to swing arm where the bearings meet the frame.