SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Here is my project for the last year, check it out

This is MY WIFE'S baby (car that is) She got it when new and it was a daily driver
    until 2004 when I talked her into parking it for several reasons, one was every time
    she drove it somebody wanted to buy it or steal it. it has 78K on it.
    We put it up in storage in the back of the shop covered it up and left it there until last year
    at about Christmas time, I ask her what would you like for Christmas....... she said with out
    even blinking an eye.... fix my car I want to drive it again, so the project began.
    Out came the entire drive train inc. the differential, all have be rebuilt with new OEM parts
    at this time we installed disc brakes and a power brake booster, " stock brakes suck "
    the orig. wheels would not fit over the disc brakes so new tires and 15in. wheels were next
    she wants it stock not hot rod'ed up, this is a rather rare car in that it has fact air as well.
    I am now in the process of replacing everything inside of it with OEM upholstery from
    Orig. Parts Group and Legendary auto interiors. When this is done it will be like a near new car
    so not a body off restoration but a good close second, All new brakes new rubber seals,
    It drive out great. now the crazy part..... Julie is afraid to drive it ???? why are you afraid I said
    I might wreck it, I said you drove this car for 30+ years and never had so much as a flat tire
    so she drove it... the love affair is back on. So if you are in northern California and a blue chevelle
    should pass by with a lady with a big smile that will be her... I do have a few small touches still to go
    an Custom Autosound radio, they look stock but are far from it, they have much more power they
    have built in XM radio and blue tooth. By the way you car guys will notice it has 1984 Camaro mirrors
    she hates them, I put them on years ago thinking it was nice to be able to adjust them from inside,
    no so Stock she said... I just got the stock mirrors today from OPG..
    As we progress I will put up more photos.
    Happy Turkey Day
    Dave

IMG_2350.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 11-21-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet....

That is one nice looking chevelle....but why is she driving it before christmas...?? was it you..or..her that could not wait....??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My first car was a 67 Malibu 2dr. Good old 283 with a powerglide. Mine was gold with black interior. Bought it for $995.00 on 17APR73.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And this belongs in Spyder General Discussion?

Maybe Off Topic, where it never shows up on the home page, but not here.
    The only reason I bring this up is that high posters often criticize newbies for it, so turn around is fair play.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default Your right...

But here's the thing....regardless of where it should be it will always post to the general discussion. Most critizisum to newbies is that they will post it in two logical places producing duplicate posts in the general discussion. If they were to eliminate the general discussion area then all the posts would be in and reside in theirs respective forum. You would then have to go to each to see whats new or going on. I am guilty of posting mostly to the general discussion forum as it is where I go first off. Alas there is no monotoring on each post so as to re-direct to the correct forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    And this belongs in Spyder General Discussion?

Maybe Off Topic, where it never shows up on the home page, but not here.
    The only reason I bring this up is that high posters often criticize newbies for it, so turn around is fair play.

Joe
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Very Nice

Thanks for sharing. It takes us all back a few years. Those were the days my friend.
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Spyder Garage

Default Nice work, Daver

Super nice work, Dave. Congratulations to both you and your wife as both of you enjoy her baby!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

That brings back great memories indeed. The first car I bought entirely on my own in 1974 was a '67 Chevelle SS with the POS 396, but it had the Hurst dual gate slap stick shifter, turbo 400 HD trans. and a high speed Dayna rear end of some type. I don't recall the numbers on that final drive but it had a top end beyond the speedometer. Later changed the engine out for a 300hp 327 that was much smoother and got much better mileage than the 396. Plus, I didn't have to constantly work on the 327.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Should have kept it, today it's worth about 30K if in nice shape
    we have had hers appraised and it is insured for $37,500

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    My first car was a 67 Malibu 2dr. Good old 283 with a powerglide. Mine was gold with black interior. Bought it for $995.00 on 17APR73.

Spyder Garage

I guess I am to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    That is one nice looking chevelle....but why is she driving it before christmas...?? was it you..or..her that could not wait....??