Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

Time will tell. BRP has done a good job so far of keeping a lid on actual information and specs. So far, we only know the price point.

All the information above is speculation, but IMO--pretty close to being in the ballpark. Removing 1/2 to 1/3 of the "fluff" from either the RT or the F3 is going to leave a pretty basic machine.

BRP is looking for a younger market and hoping they can get them to "upgrade" to whatever will be offered at a later time. Will it work? Time will tell.

I have driven enough MC's over the years, that an entry level bike is way out of my desires. I have become to familiarized with the Cadillac type ride. My new 900cc, $7K Vulcan is about as "basic" as I am willing to go. I know that I can jump on that one and drive anywhere in the US, safely, happy, and comfortable.

I am still an RT fan. My 2014 RT-S is not going anywhere. I feel the same about it too.
    I am also a fan of the RT, and my 2014RTS-SE6 is not going anywhere.

Time will tell on what the 2019Spyders will look like, we will all have to wait and see!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    I probably missed an earlier post or announcement, but I saw someone mention they are waiting for the 2019s at $10K.

Can someone fill fill me in on what Spyders would be available for that price?
    REF: Probably the original post & reply you are referring to.

All good advice above. Since there have been beemers in the garage, I don't think a second will be an issue. Those 2019 $10K prices should not be an issue.

Enjoy, and continue to ride. Here is to many miles and smiles. or

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

As someone who went from a 255HP Supercharged Sea Doo RXT-X to a 90 HP Sea Doo Spark I can tell you this-
    The 255HP took 16 Gallons in 2 Hours going 65 MPH- Where the Spark Goes 3 Hours at 50 MPH for 6-7 Gallons?
    The Spark is actually More fun because it is SO Manuverable and the 3 cylinder ACE 900 engine puts out 90 HP which is What they could use for the Economy Spyder?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They most likely won't use the triple: they'll use the 600cc twin instead.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    They most likely won't use the triple: they'll use the 600cc twin instead.
    and with the proper gearing it'll likely run like a scalded dog!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Malathion View Post
    If one looks at what Brp. did in the PWC line with the spark, this is almost a done deal. Affordable ,low power and fun, exactly what a roadster should be.
    Exactly what I was thinking if you look at the spark it is a skeleton of their big machines but it is a fun machine and very affordable for anyone wanting get into the Jet ski water fun so I agree BRP will do this.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think its a good thing to bring in a low cost model but if it were me I would just offer a private owner 10k to 11k for a 3 year old F3. That's about what dealers offer for trade in of a 3 year old F3 even with low miles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You CAN purchase a used Spyder for that amount...
    But BRP is trying to grow their share in the new unit marketplace, and it sounds as if "Project S" will accomplish that!

Spyder Garage

You CAN purchase a used Spyder for that amount...
    But BRP is trying to grow their share in the new unit marketplace, and it sounds as if "Project S" will accomplish that!
    Bob D,

Based on the younger crowd where I workout out, I don't see this going over. Maybe it's because I don't see them hurting for money. On the other hand, maybe if they work at McDonald's, there may be an interest. Where I work and where I workout, I just see quite a few of the younger crowd with disposable income that would not make this of any interest to them.

IMHO, the younger crowd, 20-35 years old (maybe 40), would be more interested in a 2 wheeler.
    Last edited by wyliec; 11-22-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In my neck of the woods: the kids aren't that lucky...
    It's about more than the price... Ease of operation, lower maintenance costs, better maneuverability, lighter weight, simpler design...
    A "Beginner's bike should be designed will ALL of these factors in mind.

Spyder Garage

In my neck of the woods: the kids aren't that lucky...
    It's about more than the price... Ease of operation, lower maintenance costs, better maneuverability, lighter weight, simpler design...
    A "Beginner's bike should be designed will ALL of these factors in mind.
    I agree with all that you said. The problem is that of what I would call the typical Spyder rider, and that is one in their 50's and older with various health issues. That doesn't present a good picture to attract the younger crowd. And, before anyone gets their panties in a knot, I'm not saying all have health issues (including hips/knees/shoulders/ankles/prosthetics); what I am saying is that someone who comes on here for the first time will get a dose of health issues on any given day. JMHO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no doubt that the Reverse Trike design appeals to those of us with a few challenges...
    But with some proper marketing: "ease of use" would certainly be a strong selling-point to newbies!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This whole $10k spyder thing makes me think of Harley and their 500cc bikes that they have come out with. I was in our local dealership and got a chance to see one up close. For me, I think it would be hard to pay for a new bike like this when I could purchase a nicer, larger displacement one for the same money, but a couple of years old. I think that spyder shoppers will probably be the same way. But I do wish them the best.
    I am still believing that the RS and RSS was a better way to get the younger market.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That shiny "New Bike Smell", and valuable new bike warranty; is often a nice incentive for a beginner to the sport.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    This whole $10k spyder thing makes me think of Harley and their 500cc bikes that they have come out with. I was in our local dealership and got a chance to see one up close. For me, I think it would be hard to pay for a new bike like this when I could purchase a nicer, larger displacement one for the same money, but a couple of years old. I think that spyder shoppers will probably be the same way. But I do wish them the best.
    I am still believing that the RS and RSS was a better way to get the younger market.
    The Harley 500cc is a BIG seller here - then brand loyalty kicks in and they buy bigger cc Harley later.

New riders here are limited to 650cc and a certain PTW ratio for three years.

New riders may also like the comfort of a new bike with warranty

Many reasons to prefer new...

Spyder Garage

Default Project S Bike

Reading this thread reminds me of the early F3 threads lots of negative comments. Now many of those same people are riding F3's
    and loving it. A smaller lighter machine that a younger person can customize may be the ticket to more sales. How many of you
    (if you can remember back that far ) remember your first bike? You probably made it yours as many have with their expensive
    Spyders. I personally might wnt one just to play with. Time will tell. Enjoy Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

I am new to the Spyder world with my newly bought 08 GS. I love it so far. At some point I will get an F3 or RT. But I will say no matter which I have in 2019, I would have no problems buying a second one for $10K or less. My reason would be because it will likely be more economical for commuting. I would use the 2019 for my 60 mile round trip commute to save some gas as well as miles on the other one I would have. I would use the RT or F3 for trips and when the wife or kids wanted to ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd buy one for when the Missus is too mad at me, to want to sit on the pillion...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Reading this thread reminds me of the early F3 threads lots of negative comments. Now many of those same people are riding F3's
    and loving it. A smaller lighter machine that a younger person can customize may be the ticket to more sales. How many of you
    (if you can remember back that far ) remember your first bike? You probably made it yours as many have with their expensive
    Spyders. I personally might wnt one just to play with. Time will tell. Enjoy Bob
    Your post is right on. Early comments on the F3 were not totally favorable. Many diehard RT owners went to the "darkside" and now ride F3 S or T models. There were also style comments about how the F3 looked like a Dodge pickup from the front. That too has passed.

I still don't like the ergos or the general feel of the F3. So for me--it looks like keeping the current RT or a look at a "newer" version if it ever becomes available.

I don't see a "econo" version in my stable--but that is based on the current speculation and not on real facts. It's only a year out--so most of us can wait. Others waited years for the Elio and that is not happening. At least BRP should be coming through with their promises.

Since its a "short term" wait:

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 10,000 dollar spyder

Bet its made in china!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they really do come out with $10,000 spyder, it will be a copy of this Chinese knock- off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But they're a whole lot less than $10,000!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wife has not only agreed I can have new 3 wheeler for my Birthday She has aged to buy it for me
    This was her idea :-

I declined her offer

But I wii get her back when it’s her Birthday I will promise to buy her a Hot Tub
    ( It will be a Pot Noodle ) but she gets to choose the flavour

Lets hope the Spyder designers & engineers come up with something better than this:-

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tsmdvl3 View Post
    Bet its made in china!!!
    Can Ams new Mexico plant.

The NEW $10k Spyder!!