Quote Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post
Mark,

I don't want to take a sale away from anyone, but you should consider all your options before putting the cash out. There are so many options out there and confusion about the different "solutions".

- Some riders like devises that increase the preload on the oem spring. If you are slightly heavier than the oem springs can handle, then preload spacers might work for you.

- Some riders like the devise you currently have on your bike. These coil isolaters also use the oem spring but by isolating 1 or 2 coils, you can stiffen up your oem spring. This option can increase your total capacity (shock bottoming) more than a preload spacer. The only downside with isolating more than 1 coil is it forces the remaining coils to handle the greater load. The spring will wear out at some point losing some of its stiffness.

- Then there is the option to buy expensive shocks with the potential for stiffer springs on the aftermarket shocks. This is the most expensive option to stiffen up the suspension.

- And then there is my favorite option... just change the springs. They cost about $85 a spring, so about $170 to swap out the springs. Here are 2 pics of the springs I put on the oem fox shocks; before and after. In the after, you can see the difference between the fox and oem ST shock. Let me know if you need help going this route.
I am interested in changing my springs as you have suggested on my 2017 RT as I feel they are to soft for my kind of riding I looked at both Eibach and one other but do not know the size/ dimensions of them would you have that for me as I see you did yours......thanks