Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Windy ride

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    It's such a nice day, except for those damn winds! Would you go out and fight those winds or save the riding for another day?
    It was like that here in NY yesterday and I went for a ride. Really had to hold on when those gusts hit especially on the interstate but it was fun
    2016 Spyder RS SM5
    2016 RS , Black

Spyder Garage

Wind ?? Hell yeah -- refreshing.
    After many times at 45 degrees on 2 wheels, upright on 3 wheels is, well, a breeze

Spyder Garage

We had about the same amount of gusting down in southern VA. Spyder is up on a jack in the garage while I'm working on the rear wheel, so I took out the Silverwing. A couple of times I caught some big gusts from the side, that was, em, interesting. Still all in all it was a nice ride. I try not to let a nice weekend morning go by without getting some 2/3 wheel time in. Doubt I would have noticed it nearly as much on the Spyder.
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

I ride in windy conditions a lot here in NW Iowa. Wind is why we have lots of turbines creating electricity. Average wind speed is 13mph here.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Drove through 50+mph cross winds in SD on my way back from the Homecoming event in June.

My left hand went numb a few times, winds from the left, and I had to point my head into the wind while looking out the right side of my visor due to neck strain. I got pounded for about 4 hours but the F3 was as stable as can be.

These events definitely build confidence in the machines capabilities.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Took her out for a nice ride. My body was being pushed this way and that way, but the Spyder didn't even wince.
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    I have driving in high winds on my two wheeler, found out later I had driven through a trough of tornadoes thru Texas. Quite the experience riding at a 45 degree angle with a ton of rain. The spyder I found did quite well when I was going through Atlanta with gust up to 50.

I would rather drive in nice dry and sunny with a temp of 70 degrees but does not happen that often
    yes riding at 45 degrees is interesting..happened going through OK...and yes there was rain...cold rain...and by the time I got to Flagstaff , I was riding in snow ruts...only wind today was in my hair ....running up and down the road on the Spyder

Spyder Garage

Those wind speeds are the norm out here in Mojave/Tehachapi!

All joking aside, the Batpod is a good deal heavier than your standard 2-wheeler, PLUS adding my 225+ lbs. self helps the thing stay planted when the wind gets a howlin'
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On our trip home from Valcourt we experienced 45 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 60 mph in Southern Minnesota and South Dakota. So weird in SD as it was also 102 degrees. As someone else stated, the Spyder doesn't move, but your body wants to fly off the motorcycle. Headwinds and tail winds are not too bad, but these were cross winds and it was a great workout staying on the seat. We had the same winds in Wyoming a couple of days later the difference was that we started in a dust storm that ran into a rain storm and we literally were in a mud storm. When we saw the RVs blowing across the highway from lane to lane with almost no visibility we stopped at the "Little America" resort in the middle of nowhere and got a room and waited for calmer weather.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.