Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Beware of Nursing Homes like one

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Hidden camera shows how WWII veteran died after calling for help, gasping for air

https://usat.ly/2it17Z0
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Unbelievable...
    A couple of nurses need to be beaten to death; perhaps the rest of them will get the wake up call...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Very sad. I am afraid that this is more the rule than the exception.

The callous attitude of the staff says it all. That nursing home should lose it's license and be closed down. It will not happen of course.

Scary and makes one contemplate what the future will bring.

Happy 72nd to me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Very sad. I am afraid that this is more the rule than the exception.

The callous attitude of the staff says it all. That nursing home should lose it's license and be closed down. It will not happen of course.

Scary and makes one contemplate what the future will bring.

Happy 72nd to me.
    Happy b’day, with many more to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Criminal

Took all this time to come to light ??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Happy b’day, with many more to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default So much for the State of Georgia's certification process; wonder who owns that place?

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    Check out this article from USA TODAY: Hidden camera shows how WWII veteran died after calling for help, gasping for air https://usat.ly/2it17Z0
    On average the Georgia Nursing Board takes 427 days, more than a year, to investigate a nursing complaint. That's a decrease from about 2,000 days, more than five years, Izlar said.

While Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation recently had a good inspection in May from the Georgia Health Department, problems continued to mount after Dempsey's death.

Medicare records show the nursing home facility was cited at least two dozen times for serious health and safety violations, including “immediate jeopardy” levels, the worst violation. Medicare withdrew one payment and the facility has been fined $813,113 since 2015.

Its Medicare rating is one star, the lowest from the federal agency. Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation remains open today.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 11-18-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy 72nd to me.
    Congrats, you old bean-counter!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    The blame is entirely on the owners and top management; they are the ones who establish the corporate culture. You can bet they're politically connected and are paying the lowest wages possible.
    This is good to know that I’m not responsible for my own actions or mis-actions at the hospital where I work. It’s also good to know that my actions or lack thereof are based on my salary.

The nursing staff involved in this tragedy should never work again in the health field. There was a settlement made between the facility and family, which will never bring back their loved one. Based on the facility’s past history regarding health care, it should be shut down or taken over.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The nurses that allowed this to happen have nobody to blame but themselves...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What top 1%???
    Were they the ones standing there laughing; as a hero died?

Spyder Garage

Default back in the 2009

when the last economy crunch hit , I was in between jobs , and like every one looking , did get a state class for C-N-A nurse help , and boy hell I hope I hit lottery and can afford my own nurse at home , the situation at these homes are scary to say the least , 30 minute breakfast , lunch dinner , if they are in wheel chair , roll them into a holding area , until all are there , then into the dinning area , help feed , roll them out in under 30 minutes . under staffed , and the nursing staff ( usually looking at the new arrival of staff , and or just over whelmed with older folks ) it a sad deal ... it rolls down the line of staff , nurse to give the order , the floor nurse too the next one in charge , down too the nurse helper ... { on a lighter note , I did meet a couple of really nice folks who were residents , one elder lady had been quite a traveler , had her wits about her , just not stable in walking and able to keep a home I suppose . other not so great ----- did see a devil of a woman , she was a different type for sure , owned the hall ways with her wheel chair , blocked the isle at any chance just for the heck of it I guess I kidd -you not , she had this type of hair ,with out the streaks of grey on the sides , a bunch of different types for sure !

Spyder Garage

It's good to know you don't think the top 1% should be held accountable for their decisions.

Where did I say the owners/top mgmt bear no responsibility? You said it (the blame) all falls on them, and I pointed to where the responsibility/blame mainly lies in a life/death situation. Will you always try to instigate no matter the subject?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Blame goes across the board.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Blame goes across the board.
    What happened to 'the buck stops here'?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default How exactly do you avoid nursing homes like this one?

Everyone seems to think once the heartless employees are terminated, the problem is solved. Really?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yes, you can get rid of the bad employees. Does it help? Not too much. There are always many just like them waiting in the wings. Nursing homes just do not attract the cream of the crop when it comes to nurses.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-19-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, you can get rid of the bad employees. Does it help? Not too much. There are always many just like them waiting in the wings. Nursing homes just do not attract the cream of the crop when it comes to nurses.
    Or management. That's why they need to be tightly regulated, to protect public health and safety.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Or management. That's why they need to be tightly regulated, to protect public health and safety.
    After years of auditing companies' quality assurance programs I came to recognize one immutable fact. Middle management is almost always the problem. The very top guys usually want to run a top notch company and are willing to do what is necessary to accomplish that. Line level employees almost always want to to do a good job and usually care about doing it right. It's middle level managers who want to cut corners to meet profit goals, want to lord it over the people doing the real work, and want to try to impress the top managers. Find middle level managers who care, will defend line level workers, and buck the big bosses when necessary, and you'll have a good company.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm all three levels of management here... yet I STILL have to listen to my Missus!
    Does that mean that we're doomed??

Spyder Garage

Totally agree. But top managers are still responsible for the quality of their subordinates. Look at Wells Fargo; nothing changed until the top execs got 'fired'.
    Very true. But often middle managers thwart top managers' desires, particularly in large corporations where a direct communication between top bosses and everyday working folks doesn't exist or is not practical.

Contrary to commonly held beliefs, management is 90% responsible for the quality of the output of floor level employees.
    There are 5 M's in providing a product or service, Men, Material, Methods, Machines, and Motivation.

Machines - Who is responsible for selecting and/or buying the tools and equipment used in a business? Management. 20%
    Material - Who is responsible for specifying the materials that are used in producing the product or service? Management. 20%
    Methods - Who is responsible for selecting the process methods to be used in a business? Management. 20%
    Men - Who is responsible for hiring properly trained people for the business, or providing specialized training as needed? Management. 20%
    Motivation - Who is responsible for employees' motivation to do the job right? This is a 10/10 percent split responsibility. Management determines what training and education employees need to have. Being properly trained and equipped plays an important part in how motivated an employee will be. That's 10%. Employees must be willing to exercise drive and desire to work properly and diligently. That is their 10% responsibility.

Anytime you hear a top boss complain about the poor quality of the work his employees put out, remind him he is 90% responsible for it. The floor level workers are only 10% responsible.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. That was exactly my point in earlier posts on this thread.
    I could be wrong, but I believe you were talking specifically about top management, and Idaho is talking middle and top management. Also, Motivation is the main one of the 5 M’s that applies here, and the second M that applies is Men. Both the M’s I mention relate to middle management, not top management, at least at the hospital where I work, which is one of the largest in NYS. Of course top management bears responsibility.

Think about this: an employee has a melt down, and shoots a patient. To your reasoning, top management is at fault as you stated in post #9.
    Last edited by wyliec; 11-19-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

Men is generic for both sexes. The melt down is outside of the normal work flow and function and thus is an anomaly not part of the ordinary work system. However, if management is placing so much stress by required performance standards, hours of work, and the like that the stress causes the melt down, then yes, they do bear some responsibility. If the stress is caused totally by outside forces then management can't be held responsible, except for whatever level of employee issues they ought to be aware of and provide EAP services to help employees cope.

The 5 M's and the 90/10 share refers to the day in, day out, work flow and output of an organization. And the 90% share starts with the top managers. They are the ones who set the tone and tenor of an organization.

The nurses in the video would not have been standing around laughing while the patient was dying if management had developed and instilled a true genuine concern for patient welfare throughout all levels of the staff. And if they had an employee who exhibited disregard or disdain for that concern, management had a responsibility to fire them.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Probably...but you already knew that, right?
    I'd have to ask The Missus; to know for sure.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

does this sound like the nursing home in "better call saul"?