Thread: Committed

Spyder Garage

Default Committed

I am now fully committed to the Spyder lyfe. This week I sold my last BMW and watched it ride off. Yes, I was a little sad. Well maybe a lot. Reality for me is that it was no longer safe for the motorcycle or me to be stopped. The probability is that "we" would fall over. I am no longer safely able to hold a stopped 2-wheel motorcycle up. So it now looks like I have about a year to talk my Chief Financial Officer, my wife, into enough allowance to put one of the 2019 $9999.00 Spyders in the garage with my F3S. I suspect my odds are someplace near the same as winning the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.
    2015 F3S , Orange

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey it's only money.... stick to your guns she may give inn.

Quote Originally Posted by F650624 View Post
    I am now fully committed to the Spyder lyfe. This week I sold my last BMW and watched it ride off. Yes, I was a little sad. Well maybe a lot. Reality for me is that it was no longer safe for the motorcycle or me to be stopped. The probability is that "we" would fall over. I am no longer safely able to hold a stopped 2-wheel motorcycle up. So it now looks like I have about a year to talk my Chief Financial Officer, my wife, into enough allowance to put one of the 2019 $9999.00 Spyders in the garage with my F3S. I suspect my odds are someplace near the same as winning the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say....

there was probably a bit of liking the spyder in that decision... as for the 2019.... you seem to have had more than one BMW as you state you just sold the last one so having two spyders may not be that hard...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on the successful transition!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is life living for but to be happy, gracious, respectable, great moral being, law abiding, family loving, and decent person. I am sure your financier will help you. good luck and may God Bless you always.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When it comes to enjoying your money keep this in mind.

The best way to keep your kids from fighting over their inheritance - don't leave them any!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

All good advice above. Since there have been beemers in the garage, I don't think a second will be an issue. Those 2019 $10K prices should not be an issue.

Enjoy, and continue to ride. Here is to many miles and smiles. or

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by F650624 View Post
    I know your feelings 4 months ago I traded my 2015 Goldwing F6B for a 2015 Spyder RT. I was like you it was just getting to heavy for me to pickup. Going home with the Spyder I thought I had really did the wrong thing. It took about 500 miles of riding and I knew then I made the right decision. Now I would not go back on two wheels. I really love the thing. I ride it way more than I would ride my two wheels. Like I said I have had it four months and have put over 6000 miles on it.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post

The best way to keep your kids from fighting over their inheritance - don't leave them any!
    Those words are truer then you know.
    At a recent seminar that quote was brought up by the attending lawyer/lecturer.
    He stated the percent of family's that break up over cash dispersals is astronomical.......and costly.
    The costs he said actually outdo 90% of the actual gains.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wish you luck.

Spyder Garage

Default 2 please

At that price I will take a RT and a F3 .... colours optional. Willing to pay shipping here to Ontario

Spyder Garage

Sad, really that you think that little of your kids.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Committed

As motorcycle Dave mentioned stick to your guns, I know how you feel I traded a wing myself to purchase the wife an F3-T, which left me with nothing as well. Worked with the dealer and they came through with a wonderful price on a base F3, which for me was perfect left me plenty of coin to do upgrades later. , the S would of been nice but I really don't need the tire shredding component of it probably would of got me in trouble anyway!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    Sad, really that you think that little of your kids.
    You can take that quote two different ways.
    1. You love your kids and dont want to see them fight over your estate.
    Even if you leave them equal amounts at least one will claim they deserve more.
    2. You hate your kids.

Regardless, the money as it was described to me was costly when the fight begins.

My advice to the original poster of this thread would be to enjoy yourself, life is short.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Begging is always good at times. Offer up a sport bike or a harley as a sacrifice. Just read the fine print if she hands you something to sign. Stand strong my friend. We'll back you up.

Spyder Garage

Default +1

All our kids are doing quite well ( better than I ever did as a teacher of 37 years) They have been told that we are spending their inheritance. The all took it well.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow