Spyder Garage

Default Fox shock adjustment

Where can I buy the correct size wrench to loosen and tighten the nuts on the Fox shocks?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donrokon View Post
    Where can I buy the correct size wrench to loosen and tighten the nuts on the Fox shocks?
    If you're referring to the mounting bolts-------& you don't have a set of wrenches or sockets--your best be may be an adjustable Craftsman type wrench. If you had a $12 micrometer from Harbor Freight You could measure the net head. If you plan on doing more mechanical things you may want to purchase a low cost set of SAE & Metric wrenches & socket sets. Most skilled mechanical people might not agree with the adjustable wrench--but if it fits & it's seldom used---It works just fine.
    Good Luck,
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    If you're referring to Nohe mounting bolts-------& you don't have a set of wrenches or sockets--your best be may be an adjustable Craftsman type wrench. If you had a $12 micrometer from Harbor Freight You could measure the net head. If you plan on doing more mechanical things you may want to purchase a low cost set of SAE & Metric wrenches & socket sets. Most skilled mechanical people might not agree with the adjustable wrench--but if it fits & it's seldom used---It works just fine.
    Good Luck,
    Darrell
    No , i mean the two nuts that hold the spring in the proper preload position. Thank u.

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one....

they call them spanner wrenches and they come in many sizes and styles. I have accumulated a large assortment from many brands of bikes and still don't have a decent fitting one. I would try Fox and see if they offer them. In a bind I use some large channelocks...google fox shock spanners... and you will see many...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Any snowmobile place will sell the correct size. You also can make your own, not hard to do. Also you will be able to turn by hand as long as all weight is off front end of spyder and lock ring is backed off. The lock ring just tap with flat screwdriver to break the lock against the adjuster ring then back off by hand.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donrokon View Post
    No , i mean the two nuts that hold the spring in the proper preload position. Thank u.
    Harbor Freight have several sizes--all are flimsy & can bent if not held straight.

Spyder Garage

And be prepared for a battle of strength! I tried to adjust mine new ones and they wouldn't budge, not even with a punch and hammer! The powder coat basically "glues" them together....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    And be prepared for a battle of strength! I tried to adjust mine new ones and they wouldn't budge, not even with a punch and hammer! The powder coat basically "glues" them together....
    I solve lots of problems with large channel locks--even removing tight oil filters. If there's access room. I imagine a butane or propane small torch might damage the seals while freeing the powder coating?
    D