Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The language may be the same but the accent is different, a real Texan will know the difference. I've lived here more than 30 years and my Texas Iphone doesn't understand my accent when I talk to it.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    The language may be the same but the accent is different, a real Texan will know the difference. I've lived here more than 30 years and my Texas Iphone doesn't understand my accent when I talk to it.
    It was her accent that made me think she was from Texas! I haven't the foggiest if her idioms and slang were Texan or not. But you're probably right, a native Texan of many years probably would detect the differences.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    I remember , while I lived in the Arlington area , took a trip too Colorado , went to one of the restaurants , one of the folks who runs the place mentioned , " you folks are not from around here " { maybe because every one is almost not from around there , or I do -or- did have the texas slang ? } would like to figure a way to get back too a nice out lying piece of property in texas ...

Spyder Garage

Default Hope it's worthwhile

Yes hopefully it's a good support hub for all things BRP in the southern U.S. I doubt that the Texas govt will be willing to bail Bombardier out like the Canadian govt has time after time though . So basically if it's not profitable there ... you won't likely see them stay long

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Tackle boxes

Still have a couple, they're great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Yes hopefully it's a good support hub for all things BRP in the southern U.S. I doubt that the Texas govt will be willing to bail Bombardier out like the Canadian govt has time after time though . So basically if it's not profitable there ... you won't likely see them stay long

So it's ok for the Feds to bail out the ON auto industry but not to give repayable loans to Bombardier?
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default Once yes

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    So it's ok for the Feds to bail out the ON auto industry but not to give repayable loans to Bombardier?
    But what is too much ? https://www.fraserinstitute.org/arti...e-welfare-trap

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dallas huh?

Well good they are right up the road, so next time this Spyder breaks down because of "crappy" parts I can tow it up the road and drive it through the front door then park it up someones ass..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by opiewhan View Post
    Well good they are right up the road, so next time this Spyder breaks down because of "crappy" parts I can tow it up the road and drive it through the front door then park it up someones ass..
    Welcome to Texas!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by opiewhan View Post
    Let us know when. Lot's of us would like to watch.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red