Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT SM5 Specific Dimensions

Hello:
    I'm setting up a trailer to bring my 2011 RT SM5 home. In two months. It's 1000 miles away. Two questions please. Does anyone know where the center of gravity is front to back. Perhaps at the foot pegs?

How far is it from the front of the nose to where the wheel chocks are located? In other words, how far back do I need to put a wheel chock or wheel stop so the machine won't run into the front wall? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see...

Most centers are just in front of the drivers pegs except the F3...Those pegs move about...
    On the other...check with BLUEKNIGHT911 who has built and installed tiedowns for spiders. His system does not need chocks...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Most centers are just in front of the drivers pegs except the F3...Those pegs move about...
    On the other...check with BLUEKNIGHT911 who has built and installed tiedowns for spiders. His system does not need chocks...
    I am using the tie down method explained in my owners manual. Five heavy straps. Two to the front, three to the rear. From all three wheels. I just want the wheel stops so I don't run into the front of the trailer. And since I don't have the Spyder here, I can't measure where to put wheel stops to stop me before I run into the front of the trailer.

So I'm going to haul the trailer 1000 miles and hope that it is set up to haul the Spyder that has never been on it. I'm going by specifications from the internet. And you know we can trust that!
    Last edited by daz; 11-17-2017 at 06:50 PM.