Spyder Garage

Default Sprocket Replace

After reading the sprocket inspection thread. I removed the cover covering the Sprocket and witnessed the dreaded Red dust. I have 27365 miles.
    I took my F3 in today to my dealer Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista AZ this should be your dealer if you live in Arizona.
    Tech took the sprocket off to inspect and said not that much wear but wanted to order a new sprocket not only because of the Red dust but he could move it which he said you shouldn't be able to do! Service manger says I'll put in claim with BRP and order sprocket to which I said no need opened up side case and got my new sprocket and Bolt out and said would this Help. Service manger and Tech both said yes so I have a new Sprocket and Bolt. Service manger took a bunch of pictures and is going to submit to BRP. I left a Happy camper
    The cost was a little Steep though!! $0.00

Great Dealer great service!

Spyder Garage

Default Good one....

You best hang on to that shop... but it is the best way to go to a shop...have the parts or know they have them....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Where is that red dust color came from?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Where is that red dust color came from?
    go to this post F3 Front Sprocket Inspection

there's only 295 Post!
    They are trying to reinvent the wheel oh wait sprocket.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    After reading the sprocket inspection thread. I removed the cover covering the Sprocket and witnessed the dreaded Red dust. I have 27365 miles.
    I took my F3 in today to my dealer Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista AZ this should be your dealer if you live in Arizona.
    Tech took the sprocket off to inspect and said not that much wear but wanted to order a new sprocket not only because of the Red dust but he could move it which he said you shouldn't be able to do! Service manger says I'll put in claim with BRP and order sprocket to which I said no need opened up side case and got my new sprocket and Bolt out and said would this Help. Service manger and Tech both said yes so I have a new Sprocket and Bolt. Service manger took a bunch of pictures and is going to submit to BRP. I left a Happy camper

i carry a spare zip tied to my frame after losing a sprocket 400 mi from home 8 yrs ago
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    i carry a spare zip tied to my frame after losing a sprocket 400 mi from home 8 yrs ago
    I hope you torqued the zip lock to the correct tension and applied yellow locktite, R1100rider.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I hate yellow locktight !

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I hope you torqued the zip lock to the correct tension and applied yellow locktite, R1100rider.

Pete
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    I hate yellow locktight !
    Hahaha.......I don’t think you are on your “Pat Malone”, Rob

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post

If my dealer replaced the sprocket at my last oil change when I told him of the red rust I would be a happy camper..but he did not.
    This is the first strike against both my dealer and BRP. 2 more strikes and I'm back to Honda.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    If my dealer replaced the sprocket at my last oil change when I told him of the red rust I would be a happy camper..but he did not.
    This is the first strike against both my dealer and BRP. 2 more strikes and I'm back to Honda.
    What dealer? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL