Spyder Garage

Default F3 Windshield Supports and Hardware...

Just purchased a 2017 Spyder F3 base model. My first consideration is a touring type windshield however the two choices I have under consideration are designed to use the Can Am OEM windshield mounting hardware. I have GOOGLE'd just about every nomenclature and word positioning of said nomenclature and can't seem to get a single hit that will allow me to suss out the required parts and pricing. I can't even find a schematic that will tell me what's required part wise for mounting a windshield.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on my plight... possibly point me in a direction or steer me to a link? OR is this one of those deals where a visit to a Can Am dealer's parts counter is THE only solution...???

Steve (BOOMER52)
    Crooked River Ranch, OR

Spyder Garage

I have a Madstad windshield and it comes with all the hardware for mounting. You might want to check out their website.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default F4

The F4 windshield comes with all mounting hardware and is a great product.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I think you’ll find that any windshield designed specifically for the F3 will come with the mounting hardware. I have the BRP Tall Boy and it also came with mounting hardware.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

BRP Blue Ridge is by far the best looking mounts, if you then need a taller shield 7Jurock or Gustafsson make shields that that work with the BRP mounts.
    Last edited by Mikind7; 11-15-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikind7 View Post
    BRP Blue Ridge is by far the best looking mounts, if you then need a taller shield 7Jurock or Guftafsson make shields that that work with the BRP mounts.
    My aesthetics also run to the OEM Can-Am Spyder F3 Route 129 Windshield Part No. 219400747. All other windshield hardware mounting systems are unattractive to my eye.

I'm planning on either a 7Jurock custom machined 29" OR go with the 30" Gustafsson. I've written to 7Jurock with regards to a taller 29" shield VS their tallest 27" offering. Here's their reply...

We currently do not offer that size. However, we may be able to custom make you a 29” windshield. However, please be advised that the 29” height has not been tested and would not offer a warranty. We can provide it, if you wish to special order it though.

Please advise me if you wish to proceed and place your custom order. We can always send you a PayPal Invoice, which you may review and pay at your convenience, or you may place your order by telephone with a credit card, as well. Just send us all of your contact information and email liked to your PayPal account, if you wish to receive an invoice.

If you have any questions or concerns, please advise me. You may call me at 909-634-8548. Thank you for your time and for your interest in our products.

I did discover an illustrated Parts Sheet for the Can Am F3 Spyder Route 129 Windshield part no. 219400583 which listed all the hardware and supports. Unfortunately it states on the sheet that you cannot individually purchase certain support pieces so I have to assume you must purchase the Route 129 kit to the tune of approx $310.00 (Amazon) and toss the unwanted acrylic shield to go with a 7Jurock or Gustafsson windshield.

Can-Am-F3-Spyder-Blue-Ridge-Windshield4.jpg

I appreciate the responses... and I have the answer... though NOT quite what I was hoping for...!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER52 View Post
    ..... so I have to assume you must purchase the Route 129 kit to the tune of approx $310.00 (Amazon) and toss the unwanted acrylic shield to go with a 7Jurock or Gustafsson windshield.
    That's correct. I bought the Blue Ridge and the mount now supports a 27" 7JuRock. The windshield itself sits in my shop wrapped in the packaging the 7JuRock came in.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Well... that's an easy decision for me as far as the best looking windshield package no matter a 7Jurock or Gustafsson shield.

Being brand new to the Spyder community I'm discovering accessory costs to farkle up my F3 to be startlingly high! Not a complaint as much as a revelation. I've found in life that the High Cost Complaint Department is woefully understaffed... overworked... and utterly unresponsive...!

For Xmas I'm asking Amazon.com for the Route 129 Windshield Kit... then... this Spring at the beginning of the riding season I'll replace the acrylic with a 7Jurock or Gustafsson shield. That spaces out the expenditures a bit.