Spyder Garage

Default 2018 all new Gold Wing

This is not your fathers Gold Wing. It looks like a fighter jet.

https://www.cycleworld.com/2018-hond...orcycle-review
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Yes...very nice. We talked a bit about the GW a couple weeks back.

Pictured in #2 is the base (F6) version. The deluxe will have the tour trunk with it.

The six speed semi auto shifting is new for the wing also. UPDATED BELOW>

Glad I already bought something in two wheels--that will prevent me from going down to the dealer and getting one. The prices remain in the mid to high twenties.

Just got the latest copy of Rider magazine. Pictured in there were the new HD road bikes (as in touring cruisers--CVO models). They are sporting prices starting in the low $4's. $40K for a cruiser? I don't think so here anyway. This might be a big slam on the brakes for the progress of the brand?????????????

Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-10-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Yeah, if I decide to go back to two wheels after my hip op (as opposed to hip hop), this would be the one for me, especially if I can get some highway pegs where those front tipover protectors are. With the semi auto and handlebar brake I can leave my feet on the highway pegs mostly which allows for loooooong legs.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Looks like they went for the look of the BMW Bagger.

BMW-K-1600-Bagger-2017-01-530x397.jpg

Spyder Garage

The new Goldwing is available with manual and automatic (DCT) transmissions.

The automatic transmission is not a semi-automatic transmission, it is fully automatic. It up-shifts and down-shifts automatically with no user input required. It can also be put in the manual mode and shifted with the finger-thumb paddle shifters on the handlebar. There is no clutch handle, the dual clutch is operated by the computer.

It is the same type of operation as the DCT on the Honda NC700X DCT ABS that I had and the CTX700 DCT ABS that I have now. I love the DCT and would only very reluctantly go back to a manual or a semi-automatic like the Spyder has.

Three NC's, two DCT and a manual in the middle:
    20141220_112132 - Copy.jpg
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default Gold Wing

Ordered. Hoping by mid January. In white, with a manual transmission. I like shifting! Looks like my beloved ST 1300 on steroids. A bit down on power from the KTM, but Honda reliability is very attractive! I will get the trunk removal kit for around town, and put the top box on for trips. Hope to see one in the flesh at Long Beach next weekend! 😃
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    The new Goldwing is available with manual and automatic (DCT) transmissions.

The automatic transmission is not a semi-automatic transmission, it is fully automatic. It up-shifts and down-shifts automatically with no user input required. It can also be put in the manual mode and shifted with the finger-thumb paddle shifters on the handlebar. There is no clutch handle, the dual clutch is operated by the computer.

It is the same type of operation as the DCT on the Honda NC700X DCT ABS that I had and the CTX700 DCT ABS that I have now. I love the DCT and would only very reluctantly go back to a manual or a semi-automatic like the Spyder has.

Three NC's, two DCT and a manual in the middle:
    20141220_112132 - Copy.jpg
    Thank you for the update on the tranny. I drove an early version of the auto in 1976. I had one of the 750 Hondamatics.

The fully auto function will be a nice touch for most. Given the paddle shift option--and you have the best of both worlds.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Ordered. Hoping by mid January. In white, with a manual transmission. I like shifting! Looks like my beloved ST 1300 on steroids. A bit down on power from the KTM, but Honda reliability is very attractive! I will get the trunk removal kit for around town, and put the top box on for trips. Hope to see one in the flesh at Long Beach next weekend! ��
    in advance. I am thinking you are going to like this one A LOT.

2020 F3L , Magma Red