Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

The good Lord isn't ready for you yet so, yes, you have to jump back in the saddle.
    Hope your recovery is as expected.....when able, limp into church and light a candle 🙏

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OKey View Post
    The good Lord isn't ready for you yet so, yes, you have to jump back in the saddle.
    Hope your recovery is as expected.....when able, limp into church and light a candle 🙏
    Sorry to hear your church hasn’t paid its electricity bills, OKey

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Abate

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    Are you an ABATE member? Our region meets every month and reports MC accidents. Would you mind if I told them about what happened to you?
    Sure, add it to the accident reports. Or crash reports.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    So, if your ribs let you know every once in awhile that they were abused, don't worry. They will eventually stop giving you the occasional twinge.
    I'm feeling better every day. BUT I still get "stuck" occasionally. Figuring out how to get out of bed without causing agony was a trip. Even now, I was at a pajama party (don't ask, or ask and I can't explain) and needed help to get off the mini-couch I slept on. I thought of sleeping on the nicely carpeted floor, but considering the ages of the partiers, I'd be stuck there still.

The worse is laughing. I try to to remain dour, but I can't!
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you really say "Pajama Party"?

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

really glad you are ok..well sorta ok...wrecks are not the way I like to spend my time

Spyder Garage

Glad you were able to walk (or ride, or be ridden, rather) away from this, Sandee...mend quickly!
    2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OKey View Post
    The good Lord isn't ready for you yet so, yes, you have to jump back in the saddle. Hope your recovery is as expected.....when able, limp into church and light a candle 🙏
    The good lord needs to be taking better care of her subjects.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    So, I was returning from having breakfast/lunch at the chinese buffet. Ryding at the speed limit - 35mph. A car pulls into the street, perpendicular to me. About 15 or 20 feet away. AND STOPS! As soon as the thought - "I can't avoid him" - went halfway through my mind, boom. Came to in the ambulance, as the EMTs were holding my head steady; I was on a back board. Suggested to them they could tape the helmet to the board. They responded "that's disgusting".

At the hospital, they cut off my clothes: MY FAVORITE JEANS!!! and stuck me into a CT scanner. The back pain I had was not my spine, but 9 broken ribs. Ugh. 4 days in the hospital. First 2 spent vomiting, because oxy and norco make me sick. Home now, relaxing and healing.

Sent my son to retrieve my belongings from byke. Explained how to open the Frunk, he reported back to me that the frunk cover was no where to be found. He did figure out how to get my stuff, mostly.

Byke was totalled out. It was paid for; that had to be why the accident happened. The financial settlement will give me a good head start on a new Spyder.

So, has anyone installed machine guns in front of their byke to handle situations like the one I faced? The cop who did the investigation stopped by my hospital room to tell me it was not my fault, the car driver was at fault. Debated giving up riding, but I guess I just can't.

~Sandee~
    Might be worth getting one of those "ambulance chasing attorneys" unfortunately most bad drivers have minimum or no coverage. Only one way to find out--your insurance company should be able to provide their insurance coverage. That's why my uninsured insurance has a higher premium than my colliison & liability :-(
    Good Luck & wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Believe it or not, the Italians actually mounted a recoiless rifle on a Vespa scooter for paratrooper use:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    Believe it or not, the Italians actually mounted a recoiless rifle on a Vespa.....
    Hmmm, while I think a 50 Cal Machine Gun or maybe a 30mm Cannon in each Fog Light position might be easier to fit on my Spyder RT, but that recoiless rifle might just fit in there alongside the main spar under the tupperware & with a little fiddling, it could come out alongside an offset headlight...

Probably make for a bit of wide seat & if you don't like the heat that already rises out from behind the glovebox/in front of the seat, then you might want to restrict your rate of fire to something less than 1 round every minute or so But hey, it'd clear a path for you pretty damn quick, would'nit?!

Where do I place my order??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!