Spyder Garage

Default Choosing a handlebar - What should I do?

I have an F3-T and extended my foot pegs. The web site says I should get the handlebars for a taller person. I am going to wait until I have more miles before a final decision, but I think I want to exchange my handlebars.

1. Is there a way to cross reference the Can-Am handlebar to a third party handlebar so I can save some money?
    2. I am getting a Russell Day Long seat. Should I delay any decisions on the handlebar until then? I wasn't going to wait but had second thoughts based on the previous thread on handlebars.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default get your seat first

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    I have an F3-T and extended my foot pegs. The web site says I should get the handlebars for a taller person. I am going to wait until I have more miles before a final decision, but I think I want to exchange my handlebars.

1. Is there a way to cross reference the Can-Am handlebar to a third party handlebar so I can save some money?
    2. I am getting a Russell Day Long seat. Should I delay any decisions on the handlebar until then? I wasn't going to wait but had second thoughts based on the previous thread on handlebars.

Thanks.
    My experience it fitting people to bikes is: take care of your seat choice first - it will affect foot location and hand location.

Spyder Garage

Default Take your time...

get the new seat and ryde for a good distance and time to see where you are at. The good thing about aftermarket bars is there are alot of them out there in many shapes and configurations You can go to a bike shop and take some out to your ryde and place them to see if they meet your needs.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black