Spyder Garage

Cool Trip to Palo Duro Canyon

Took the Spyder out a couple weeks ago to go play in the canyon. Had a blast and the pictures were too good not to share...Enjoy!!

Spyder Garage

GThe Grand Canyon of Texas! We used to live near there and took our Boy Scout troop camping there several times. Thanks for the photos.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Great pictures.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Did you go see the “Texas” play while you were there ..?

We camped there a few years ago and everyone told me to make sure I went to see the play -Texas. We did and it was pretty incredible..! Nice area to go exploring..! Thanks for sharing your pics.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank for thinking of us....

those are some grand pictures of the Canyon. Must have been a great ryde and love the tag-a-long
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Wayback

Spent many a happy childhood hour in that place. Rode the Sad Monkey railroad many a time, but to this day I never saw the damned thing. There is a canyon trip in the offing. Palo Duro is just about half way between my home and the north rim of the Grand Canyon.Just a matter of when.
    David
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Traveled down there for work more than a few times. I went to school in Tucson and always enjoyed the stark beauty of the arid SW states. A very nice trip you had, thanks for sharing.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the_bandit View Post
    Took the Spyder out a couple weeks ago to go play in the canyon. Had a blast and the pictures were too good not to share...Enjoy!!
    Nice shots. How often do y'all ride? We just got our Spyder in Oct. and still looking for others to ride with.

We are in Fritch.

I need to learn how to put pictures in like you did. So far, all I have been able to figure out is putting the thumbnails in at the bottom and the site limits those to five per post.
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 11-08-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: one more question
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Nice shots. How often do y'all ride? We just got our Spyder in Oct. and still looking for others to ride with.

We are in Fritch.

I need to learn how to put pictures in like you did. So far, all I have been able to figure out is putting the thumbnails in at the bottom and the site limits those to five per post.
    Thanks, we ride when the weather is decent (Unlike today with the 24degree wind-chill ). I also just recently purchased mine (late September)

As far as the pictures, you have to have a URL address/link for the pictures. So since I already posted the pictures you see on this post on my FB, all I had to do was Right-click on my FB photo, click "copy image address". Come back to the forum, click the "square icon with the tree", click the "From URL" tab and paste the address you copied into the space and press "Ok"...and Voilà you should have an embedded photo. So how bad did I confuse you?

Spyder Garage

Nice pics. Where is that canyon?
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Thanks, we ride when the weather is decent (Unlike today with the 24degree wind-chill ). I also just recently purchased mine (late September)

As far as the pictures, you have to have a URL address/link for the pictures. So since I already posted the pictures you see on this post on my FB, all I had to do was Right-click on my FB photo, click "copy image address". Come back to the forum, click the "square icon with the tree", click the "From URL" tab and paste the address you copied into the space and press "Ok"...and Voilà you should have an embedded photo. So how bad did I confuse you?
    LOL; I may have to screw up a few times before I get it right, but I'll do my best. Meanwhile, I do know how to use the delete button.

Have you ever ventured down to JB's BBQ in Turkey? There are some really fun twisty roads with hilly terrain around there and the BBQ is outstanding.

OK, here goes: well, that didn't work I'll try something I used to do on another site. Ok, that didn't work either; I'll keep practicing. in the mean time. see thumbnail for the BBQ place in Turkey.

I was going to try to delete the thumbnail after pasting the picture from Facebook, but couldn't find where to do that. I guess I don't know how to use the delete button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 11-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    Nice pics. Where is that canyon?
    About 25miles SE of Amarillo,TX...gorgeous place!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    LOL; I may have to screw up a few times before I get it right, but I'll do my best. Meanwhile, I do know how to use the delete button.

Have you ever ventured down to JB's BBQ in Turkey? There are some really fun twisty roads with hilly terrain around there and the BBQ is outstanding.

OK, here goes: well, that didn't work I'll try something I used to do on another site. Ok, that didn't work either; I'll keep practicing. in the mean time. see thumbnail for the BBQ place in Turkey.
    Unfortunately I have not, honestly never even heard of the place. But certainly sounds like a good trip one weekend afternoon!

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately I have not, honestly never even heard of the place. But certainly sounds like a good trip one weekend afternoon!
    FYI; they are only open Wed. thru Sat. from 11:30 to 8:30. been three times since the middle of summer and have not been disappointed yet. They are friendly fast and offer home-made cobblers with a scoop of ice cream for deserts.

Spyder Garage

Default Pala Duro Canyon

We have been talking about making this trip for years. I think camping and seeing the play would add to the adventure. We need to get this trip moved higher up on the bucket list. Thanks for the pictures!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmith View Post
    We have been talking about making this trip for years. I think camping and seeing the play would add to the adventure. We need to get this trip moved higher up on the bucket list. Thanks for the pictures!
    be sure to check way ahead of time to get tickets for the play. it is very popular and some time frames sell out very early in the season.

http://www.texas-show.com/

When I was in college in Canyon back in the 70s a friend and I helped with the parking so the unlined lots did not get so screwed up. I'm not sure of what they have now. If you have the time when coming to see the play, there are plenty of fun roads in the area if you know where to look (and I do). Shoot me message and I will happy to point you in the right direction OR take you on a guided tour. I'm retired and spending a lot of time on the bikes and the Spyder these days.

Spyder Garage

Default Many memories

Attended college at Texas Tech. Rode my 250 Yamaha up there to camp. Camping was simpler the. Sleeping bag laid on the sand and Vienna sausages for breakfast. Those were the days...