Spyder Garage

Default Broken Left side Bag "hinge" .

Just thought I would ask beings this is my first time actually using this site. I drive a 2014 RT Limited and the Left side
    bag cover hinge is broke; while driving one day it popped open while riding and by the time I was able to safely pull over and check it I noticed that the hinge simply sheared right off the mounting bracket. The dealer wants $80.00 CDN for a new liner and approximately 2 hours labour (95$ an hour) to put install the new one....any one else ever have this problem, if so please let me know as I'm thinking that the dealer's price is a little HIGH, wink wink.

cheers

Arlen2

Spyder Garage

Doc Humphries (Roadster Renovations) has a retrofit kit for this problem. Look on his website for the cost and install video. Don't know about cost to ship to Canada.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your dealer isn’t ripping you off. Everything has to come off to replace the bucket. Mine broke and was going to be covered under warranty, the dealer ordered the part but didn’t have time to install it before I was leaving on a trip. We said we’d install it ourselves and it took a lot longer than what the dealer would have been able to charge against warranty.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BROKEN HINGE

Quote Originally Posted by Arlen2 View Post
    Just thought I would ask beings this is my first time actually using this site. I drive a 2014 RT Limited and the Left side
    bag cover hinge is broke; while driving one day it popped open while riding and by the time I was able to safely pull over and check it I noticed that the hinge simply sheared right off the mounting bracket. The dealer wants $80.00 CDN for a new liner and approximately 2 hours labour (95$ an hour) to put install the new one....any one else ever have this problem, if so please let me know as I'm thinking that the dealer's price is a little HIGH, wink wink.

cheers

Arlen2
    I posted a fix for this recently .... annnnnnnnd a few people said " WHY " ... the side bags NEVER open by themselves .......... Well obviously THEY were WRONG .... Look on E-bay @ this item # 252626422909, decide wether this is worth it or not ..... Mike

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have a broken hinge from 3 seasons ago. We created a repair/upgrade kit that works very well. Here is the website:

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Your new website looks GREAT!!!!!
    Thanks...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arlen2 View Post

cheers

Arlen2
    If you're still covered by the warranty the dealer should fix it at no cost to you. But don't count on getting a warranty claim approved more than once or twice. So, to avoid that get the hinge reinforcement kit from Doc. It works good and is reasonably easy to install.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doc's fix for those hinges works GREAT!!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black