Spyder Garage

Default F3 to F3-T, especially saddlebags

I'm thinking of getting into a Spyder soonly and was thinking of starting with a fairly plain F3 model and then add stuff to it later to bring it to F3-T specs. I've seen a lot of aftermarket saddlebags and none of them look as good and integrated as the stock CanAm oem units. Can you buy them and add later?

Yep, first post.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I think they are called Cross Country. You are right in my opinion, all the after market saddle bag options just do not look right. Having owned an F3S and now an F3T I would recommend a T over an S or F3 Base. Mods and accessories can get pretty expensive that you might just have well purchased a used or super discounted F3T in the first place. Having said that, both or exceptional machines.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can’t really add the T bags because the T is longer. Just decide what you want and buy it. We got a 2016 F3L
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had the same choices to make this past spring. The only bags that I liked for the F3 were the Corbin ones. At that time, there were a lot of complaints about their quality. So, after considering the quality and cost of corbin bags, adding a stereo, adding a 2 up shock, and adding a windshield. I decided that it would actually be cheaper to purchase a F3T. I am happy with my choice and would do it again.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I had the same choices to make this past spring. The only bags that I liked for the F3 were the Corbin ones. At that time, there were a lot of complaints about their quality. So, after considering the quality and cost of corbin bags, adding a stereo, adding a 2 up shock, and adding a windshield. I decided that it would actually be cheaper to purchase a F3T. I am happy with my choice and would do it again.
    People here, and people I know personally, have had absolute nightmares with Corbin quality, bad finish, bad fit, and terrible or nonexistent customer service. I would look through the forums and do some reading before every considering a Corbin bag.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

snoop around the site and look at pics of various aftermarket bags some use.
    Then decide what look you want.
    I went aftermarket bags but, to me, they don't look as good as the stock bags on the T. Those bags cannot be added to a plain or S model but are specific to that bike and the LTD rather than merely added on.
    From Can Am you can get the Shad bags which look good as do the Cross Country also from Can Am.
    Tazzel and blacklightning make a good point. The T just looks right, at least to me.
    The T is not longer than the plain F3 or F3S.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Can't help on "T-ing" up a F3.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Depending on your negotiating skills, you may be able to buy an F3L for the same price some are paying for an F3T.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I went in to buy a F3S and walked out with a leftover 2016 F3T and have not been sorry I did. I love my F3T. I still have an '11 RSS I am pretty attached to so I kept it. Now I have the best of both worlds. My RSS has expensive shocks and handles great and I love the Vtwin sound with the Dual Two Bros exhaust but my F3T is like a completely different motorcycle. Very smooth and easy to ride. They both have their strongsuits, I have the JL Audio Slampak on the RSS which sounds amazing. I will be upgrading the radio on the F3T hopefully to get some more crisp tunes but other than that I just need time to go for a ride!

Spyder Garage

The problem with upgrading to F3T bags or fairing is that BRP doesn't offer kits for this kind of mod the way some other manufacturers do. You would have to order every part, bolt, nut, etc individually. You would most likely have to remove and replace some parts as well. Not as easy as just mounting some bags. I tried doing this with my Can Am XMR 1000 ATV. I added the passenger seat from the Outlander Max. It required almost 100 individual parts and cost almost $1000.

I agree with the others, just buy an F3T to begin with. You will be way ahead in the long run.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

You should look in the For Sale by Owner on this site! 2016 F3T already loaded with everything that is recommended by people on this site!

Spyder Garage

Also consider what you need to carry. The F3-T side bags are considerably smaller than the available after market bags for the F-3. I traded from an RT-S to an F3-L and miss the added capacity of the RT.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R