Spyder Garage

Default Found a good reason to purchase Lamont's Approved Air Pack...

At the beginning of the riding season I check tire pressure, and adjust. By the end of the season the pressure is still good. So, I didn't feel the need until yesterday. Yesterday I was reading one of those threads that just make you want to bang your head . Instead of banging the old noggin, I got the double end bag out. But, it needed air, and it took me forever to pump up with a bicycle pump. So, bring on those head banging topics, and Lamont's Air Pack.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You'll end up finding LOTS of uses for it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and love it. I also like that it is only $59.00 right now.
    I love being able to set the pressure you want, hook it up, let it fill while you do something else and it stops when the desired pressure is reached.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Works great.

Just make sure to keep it charged. I've discovered that it doesn't stay fully charged for long. So, I keep the cigarette lighter plug with it, too.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was down at the Maggie Valley Spyder event last month and while leaving the banquet, there were people discussing the air valve under the seat on the Byke next to mine, that the owner just found.

He did not know what it was for, he had a base model RT, the others explained the air bladder to him. They said get out your manual and look up the pressure by weight chart. He said his manual got very wet a while ago and was destroyed.

I pulled mine out and we looked it up for him. Then we told him to only give it a one second shot if using a commercial air compressor. One guy told him about Lamont's device, I said well give me a minute, I pulled mine out of the tool kit and I told him to lean on the bike. He did, and you should have seen his face when that Byke rose up off the ground.

It is always is always nice to help someone. That night I helped him, I helped a lady add the brake fluid to her RT, and I helped another guy tighten up his dash screws that were attempting to escape, it was a good day!

Joe
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 11-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default I have used this air pack...

...regularly since I got it from LaMont. It is really great for that air bag under the seat for my 2010 RT. I had used a regular compressor but it was iffy on the pounds and hard to get it where I wanted. Now I just set the pounds, hook it up, and done! I also like the flexible screw-on hose to get to that valve on the rear tire. If you don't have one, get one.
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

I think some of you mistook what a double end bag is.

Spyder Garage

That's a good use of the air pack, & one method of achieving Stress relief.... punching the crap outta the crazy ball (or if you prefer, the 'double end bag', or the 'speed ball') ..... once you get it blown up anyway!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Got 3 car tires topped up

Last week my car tires were all down about 4 psi. Got out the air pack which had been sitting for a couple months. It ran out of power at the end of the 3rd tire. Plugged it in to the A/C and was still dead. Doesn't run directly on the charger. Came back 30 min later and was able to finish the 4th tire. Not bad and good to know about the limits. I'll be a bit more diligent about recharging from now on. Especially since my car has NO spare. Yikes!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3whlLefty View Post
    Last week my car tires were all down about 4 psi. Got out the air pack which had been sitting for a couple months. It ran out of power at the end of the 3rd tire. Plugged it in to the A/C and was still dead. Doesn't run directly on the charger. Came back 30 min later and was able to finish the 4th tire. Not bad and good to know about the limits. I'll be a bit more diligent about recharging from now on. Especially since my car has NO spare. Yikes!
    Thanks. I was wondering about that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Works great.

Just make sure to keep it charged. I've discovered that it doesn't stay fully charged for long. So, I keep the cigarette lighter plug with it, too.
    I have a powerlet adapter to cigarette lighter plug; so, that is good to know.