Thread: highway pegs

Spyder Garage

Default highway pegs

I am planning a 2000 mi. plus trip first part of 2018 and am wondering what wither pegs will make the trip more comfortable. I am 5'11 with a 29" inseam can I comfortably stretch my legs out?

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

What are you ryding and how is it set up now...?? How far can you comfortably ryde in a day..?? I ryde an RS and can 600 miles without needing pegs but ryde with others that can't go that long. Do you have floorboards on your spyder now..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Depending on what model/year, I have a 2014 RT and have the Lamonster highway pegs. For me (30" inseam) they're a perfect fit and very comfortable. They're well made and well engineered. I highly recommend you take a look at them.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    Depending on what model/year, I have a 2014 RT and have the Lamonster highway pegs. For me (30" inseam) they're a perfect fit and very comfortable. They're well made and well engineered. I highly recommend you take a look at them.
    I have the same. GREAT!! Put them on as soon as I got Mr. Cognac.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Default REGARDLESS

REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU RIDE, PEGS ARE A 'MUST'....
    anything that allows you to move your feet around, makes things more comfortable....
    the F3 does not come with anything other than OEM pegs, ya, you can buy their so call floor boards, but all those are is wider pegs, they do not allow you to place your feet front to back.... i do X-country rides each year, and have built my own FLOOR BORDZ which i wouldn't do a X-country without them.... pix below...
    find yourself a good set, install, and ride off into the sunset...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Rev. A 20160216_141226 (1).jpg Rev. B 20170329_164214.jpg

Spyder Garage

I am onboard with the highway pegs. I did a 3,000 mile round trip this summer. I found the ability to move my legs and feet to be extremely helpful in fighting off fatigue and/or aches. I have an Ultimate seat but I also took along a gel cushion I purchased from an office supply store. The Ultimate seat was comfortable but I would sit on the gel cushion every few hours just to change the pressure points and keep discomfort at bay. Same idea with the pegs. Move and stretch those legs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    What are you ryding and how is it set up now...?? How far can you comfortably ryde in a day..?? I ryde an RS and can 600 miles without needing pegs but ryde with others that can't go that long. Do you have floorboards on your spyder now..??
    I have a 2014 RT, with floorboards. Riding 600 per day is fine but interested if pegs add some comfort to the trip

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RT Limited. In 2015 I completed a 2,200 mile road trip and for the most part was satisfied with just the OEM floor boards. I recently put Lamonster Garage's NBV Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs and noticed another level of comfort within the first 20 miles. I am really looking forward to enjoying the brackets and pegs on my next long-distance road trip.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    I have a 2014 RT Limited. In 2015 I completed a 2,200 mile road trip and for the most part was satisfied with just the OEM floor boards. I recently put Lamonster Garage's NBV Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs and noticed another level of comfort within the first 20 miles. I am really looking forward to enjoying the brackets and pegs on my next long-distance road trip.
    thank you all for the input. I looked at Lamonster's pegs and his video for installing. I have admitted on several occasions that I have no do it yourself talent and after looking at the video I am not even sure the dealer will know how to do it.

any other suggestions or comments besides me being an idiot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    thank you all for the input. I looked at Lamonster's pegs and his video for installing. I have admitted on several occasions that I have no do it yourself talent and after looking at the video I am not even sure the dealer will know how to do it.

any other suggestions or comments besides me being an idiot.
    I have done some of my own maintenance on my 2-wheelers but like you, I tend to shy away from DIY Projects on my Spyder. I was fortunate enough to get mine installed by SpyderPops during the "Spyder in the Hills Rally" a few weeks ago.

...Calling all Spyder owners in the San Diego area... is there anyone out there willing to help Jdsd1 with a DIY install project????
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Rider; 11-07-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Default Another Perspective

I do not have highway pegs, nor do I want them. I'm 6'4" and have more than adequate room to move my feel around the floorboards. I don't want the highway pegs because testing how they would feel by resting my bare feet on the water deflectors my legs are splayed apart more than I like and for ME I prefer to keep my knees close against the tank. IMO it's an additional bike control measure should I have to make a swerve at interstate speed. My 5,300 mile trip to the Red Rocks rally only reinforced my belief that no highway pegs is best for ME. YMMV.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I do not have highway pegs, nor do I want them. I'm 6'4" and have more than adequate room to move my feel around the floorboards. I don't want the highway pegs because testing how they would feel by resting my bare feet on the water deflectors my legs are splayed apart more than I like and for ME I prefer to keep my knees close against the tank. IMO it's an additional bike control measure should I have to make a swerve at interstate speed. My 5,300 mile trip to the Red Rocks rally only reinforced my belief that no highway pegs is best for ME. YMMV.
    For the money I vote for highway pegs. Gives you more options for leg movement.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

I have the Lamonster pegs but I mounted the foot pegs directly to the brackets with no extension links. It is OK but I think could be better for me. The links that came with the peg mounts are straight with a 6 inch extension. I would like links that are off set with a 3-4 inch extension. In other words, links that would move my feet more inboard. I have knee issues and splaying my legs far apart causes problems. I usually do not use the foot pegs because of knee discomfort. Instead, just take a quick break when the need arises.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi