Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Is adding highway pegs & handlebar extensions?

Looking at a 2011 RSS for my hubby. He's a longlegged person, that will need highway pegs and handlebar extensions to be more comfortable. Its it worth buying the RSS, or wait for a good deal on an F3?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Choices.....

Depends who you ask...most here will tell you to go for the F3 others who love the 998 V-twin will tell you to go for the RSS. Honestly if you are just starting out and have no rush the F3 would be a better bet and there are good deals now and getting better. You can test them both and see which is best suited....its all in the test ryde...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Add some and ask if he like it

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXTENSIONS / RISERS

Quote Originally Posted by EBNewsome View Post
    Looking at a 2011 RSS for my hubby. He's a longlegged person, that will need highway pegs and handlebar extensions to be more comfortable. Its it worth buying the RSS, or wait for a good deal on an F3?
    & .... You can attach 4 to 5 inch Risers on the handle bars to make your ride Uber comfortable .... I don't think anyone is making them anymore except for the Heli-bar type ( very expensive ) .... I discovered that a company ( RSI ) makes risers for Sno-mobiles that will work really well and are actually much stronger then the ones that were made for the Spyder ..... PM me if interested in going this route and I can tell you which ones I'm talking about .... Maybe someone here can/will post links to Pics of them on memebers Spyders .... just so this lady can see what I'm talking about , thanks ............ Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My story may help you decide ... tho my issue is short, not tall - but it all applies

Started out with a used 09 RS, weight on wrists & sore back/shoulders so added bar risers, changed seat etc etc

Traded for a used STL, much better ergonomics, but sore hip issue got worse. Added Tri axis bars which helped enormously

Husband bought f3s 15 - I waited almost a year before having a long ride on one of our favourite rides

I had a feeling it could be an expensive ride

Jeff then bought a Daytona (traded the st) and I am soooooo happy - I have the red 15 f3s now

F3 advantages are the ease and cheapness of changing bars and pegs/boards to suit different heights and riding styles.

Other things like half the servicing and 25% greater fuel range help too...

Oh and it suits me way better - sitting in not on means those great twisty rides are even better...

Did you see the SALE post by cummingj? Looks like a great deal...
    Last edited by loisk; 11-02-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    . I don't think anyone is making them anymore except for the Heli-bar type ( very expensive ) ....
    Rivco Products still make a reasonably priced ( $199 USD)bar riser. Fits manual and auto. https://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mo...-s-models.html