Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty question

I bought my 2014 RT without being able to learn its pedigree. I don't know whether or not the original owner bought a transferable extended warranty. It's not a 'base' model and some high-end farkles were added by the first owner causing me to think he <may> have invested in a longer warranty. Is there a registry or some other way to find out whether an extended warranty was purchased?

In advance, thanks for any guidance you can offer. Caven

Spyder Garage

Just call us with your VIN number and we can look for you. Ask for David Levitt @ (520)459-2589

Quote Originally Posted by Caven View Post
    I bought my 2014 RT without being able to learn its pedigree. I don't know whether or not the original owner bought a transferable extended warranty. It's not a 'base' model and some high-end farkles were added by the first owner causing me to think he <may> have invested in a longer warranty. Is there a registry or some other way to find out whether an extended warranty was purchased?

In advance, thanks for any guidance you can offer. Caven

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SierraCycles View Post
    Just call us with your VIN number and we can look for you. Ask for David Levitt @ (520)459-2589
    Wow in less than 1 hour from the original posting a great dealer stepped up to the plate to help a fellow Spyder ryder. I did not see BRP Care step up to the plate!!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

What do you guys get for a 2 year Best extended for a 2014 stm? I am gona buy one come spring. TY

Spyder Garage

I contacted Sierra Cycles this week because I'm going to buy the B.E.S.T. warranty. You won't find a better price.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I did not see BRP Care step up to the plate!!
    BRP Care does not, as a matter of policy, actively participate here. Once in a very rare while they'll post. They will more likely respond to an email to brp.care@brp.com

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Why don't you ask the previous owner?
    In re-reading his original post, I assume that he did not buy it directly from the previous owner.

In some states, the crooked politicians have made it ILLEGAL to disclose who the previous owner is, even if they say it is OK to do that.
    Thus you are completely at the mercy of the dealer and they can tell you pretty much anything without fear that the previous owner will tell the truth.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    In re-reading his original post, I assume that he did not buy it directly from the previous owner.

In some states, the crooked politicians have made it ILLEGAL to disclose who the previous owner is, even if they say it is OK to do that.
    Thus you are completely at the mercy of the dealer and they can tell you pretty much anything without fear that the previous owner will tell the truth.
    Jeez - chill mate. In some states the credible politicians have done the same thing. If you want to contact the previous owner, leave your name and phone number with the dealer and ask them to contact the previous owner.

CC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross View Post
    Jeez - chill mate. In some states the credible politicians have done the same thing. If you want to contact the previous owner, leave your name and phone number with the dealer and ask them to contact the previous owner.

CC
    I think there is some gullibility at work here......mate.
    Those laws were made because the DEALERS wanted it.
    If you think they are then going to be constantly be bothered fielding requests like that........I have some beach front property in Arizona for sale.
    I've asked before and their only answer is "No we can't do that. It's illegal."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I think there is some gullibility at work here......mate.
    Those laws were made because the DEALERS wanted it.
    If you think they are then going to be constantly be bothered fielding requests like that........I have some beach front property in Arizona for sale.
    I've asked before and their only answer is "No we can't do that. It's illegal."
    Does Car Fax give the names of previous owners? I don't remember from when I ordered a Car Fax report years ago. And does Car Fax include motorcycles in its database?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Does Car Fax give the names of previous owners? I don't remember from when I ordered a Car Fax report years ago. And does Car Fax include motorcycles in its database?
    Apparently no m/c's. I just checked on their web site. They have a report for my pickup but not Spyder. I used the license plate option to search.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

RE: BRP care--they watch but usually do not participate. But in any case--you should give them more than an hour before giving them a hard time.

Moot issue anyways. A dealer chimed in and the answer should now be known.

Glad to hear problem solved.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does Car Fax give the names of previous owners?
    And does Car Fax include motorcycles in its database?
    Pretty sure names are NOT included.....as that would open up various potential problems.

Seems like I remember that some State even has a law that forbids sending crash data to places like Carfax.
    Come to think of it, that claim came from a car salesman so it is highly suspect.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 11-04-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default BEST Warranty

I live in the South Jersey area close to Philadelphia and Delaware and I'm looking to buy a three year BEST warranty for my 2016 F3T and thought the price my dealer give me was high. Any suggestions on another dealer to get a better price?

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TONYO View Post
    What do you guys get for a 2 year Best extended for a 2014 stm? I am gona buy one come spring. TY
    If you by a 2014 it will have to have a best extended warranty already or it will be to old to get one. You have to purchase while the factory warranty is still in effect. You can get an after market warranty anytime.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought a 3 year old car this year. The Carfax info said one owner and the dealer it was serviced at and it was a lease. No names of owner.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you ever do this? What was the outcome?
    2014 RTL Platinum