Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    First, you have to realize there's no excuse for how they treat their prisoners- most of whom are innocent civilians and not combatants- beheaded, burned alive, skinned alive, ground up by tank treads, etc.,and they want us to suffer the same fate. There's no changing them. The only thing that gets their attention is strength, not weakness and talking.
    There's 'they' again. Who are you talking about? Muslims? Muslim countries?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmbspyderrss View Post
    This was informative to me at least
    For people who want all the messy issues of society reduced to sound bites (or tweets), I guess this would be very satisfying.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmbspyderrss View Post
    This was informative to me at least

The Family Research Council is a bunch of extremists in their own right.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN,

Re: how about a speedy trial, watch the video, listen to the defendent, 1 hour later guilty as charged.

I can agree with your post with an exception to this:
    1 hour later guilty as charged.

That is for the jury to decide; not any keyboard cowboys ( and I am one ). Of course, with you living in New York, you could end up on the jury.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) All of my thinking/adult life I have been a strong believer in innocent until proven guilty. And since my son is a criminal defense attorney, we discuss these types of things a whole bunch.

i am actually a proponent of those who are innocent and put in jail but this guy is not one of them. is there any non
    muslim who will say otherwise? even his defense attorney never said innocent. the money spent on his trial could better be spent on the homeless in manhattan.
    as for proof i believe eye witnesses are very unreliable but couple that with video and admission there is nothing left to say...................KILL HIM, boil him in donated bacon grease and then put him in jail.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i am actually a proponent of those who are innocent and put in jail but this guy is not one of them. is there any non
    muslim who will say otherwise? even his defense attorney never said innocent. the money spent on his trial could better be spent on the homeless in manhattan.
    as for proof i believe eye witnesses are very unreliable but couple that with video and admission there is nothing left to say...................KILL HIM, boil him in donated bacon grease and then put him in jail.
    Fortunately for our democracy and justice system, cooler heads will prevail.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Fortunately for our democracy and justice system, cooler heads will prevail.
    and money will be spent on his incarceration, his trial and acts of islamic terror will continue.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    and money will be spent on his incarceration, his trial and acts of islamic terror will continue.

Spending money on incarcerations and trials instead of immediate executions is one of the hallmarks of a civilized society. Also, since 2008, an absence of torture.

Acts of terror will continue. If we were to handle terrorists as some have suggested, then acts of terror would increase as retribution for barbaric actions on our part, regardless of the nationality, religion or cause of the terrorists. We would also loose what little moral high ground we still have.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

There's 'they' again. Who are you talking about? Muslims? Muslim countries?
    Do you ever get tired of jerking people's chains? Or are you actually a 12 yr old?

It's quite obvious I was talking about people who murder innocent civilians, journalists, and POWs.
    I couldn't care what their religious beliefs were, they are criminals, period.
    YOU are the one who inserted "Muslim" in the discussion.

Spyder Garage

Do you ever get tired of jerking people's chains? Or are you actually a 12 yr old?

It's quite obvious I was talking about people who murder innocent civilians, journalists, and POWs.
    I couldn't care what their religious beliefs were, they are criminals, period.
    YOU are the one who inserted "Muslim" in the discussion.
    it's obvious 'they' are the weathermen since they said it will be cold today.
    i hate when people say 'they' like you should know who 'they' are.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Bob,

Re:

Actually, while I might get on your keester for some of your general comments, I do think we would get along just great should we ever meet one another.

And I really mean that,

Jerry Baumchen
    I'm feeling the love; Bro,,,
    Right back 'atcha!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Key Music: ON: Kumbaya....

How about them Astros?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hi SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN,

Re: i am actually a proponent of those who are innocent and . . .

Re: innocent until proven guilty

So what is it that you want that is still within people's rights?

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Like Tim McVeigh, I have not doubt that this guy will be found guilty.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you ever get tired of jerking people's chains? Or are you actually a 12 yr old? It's quite obvious I was talking about people who murder innocent civilians, journalists, and POWs. I couldn't care what their religious beliefs were, they are criminals, period. YOU are the one who inserted "Muslim" in the discussion.
    It was NOT obvious who you meant by 'they', which is why I said what I did. I didn't insert the reference to muslims into this thread - that happened many posts ago. Your statement seemed to be directed at them, but since it was so vague I thought I would ask you to clarify.

Now, you deny directing your comments at muslims, but say you were talking about 'people who murder innocent civilians, journalists and POW's. Huh? Which people are you talking about then? Russians?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 11-04-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sometimes, a reply is just a lost cause. No hard fast opinion will get changed. Just another twanger gets plucked...and more rhetoric.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Time to put the padlock on this one
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Sometimes, a reply is just a lost cause. No hard fast opinion will get changed. Just another twanger gets plucked...and more rhetoric.
    You're probably right. I hate it when that happens
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now, you deny directing your comments at muslims, but say you were talking about 'people who murder innocent civilians, journalists and POW's. Huh? Which people are you talking about then? Russians?
    Pete,
    Maybe he was talking about... murderers?

They DO come in different flavors...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Pete, Maybe he was talking about... murderers? They DO come in different flavors...
    But only murderers who skin their victims alive, run them over with tank treads, behead them! Hmmm...I wonder who that could be?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am beginning to think that what is wrong with our world is that there are way too many people with fixed opinions - note I did not say thoughts, as that would require actual thinking.

The point of any terrorism is to change the way of life of those subjected to it ...

The more we are sucked into stereotypes and give credibility to sound bites, the more this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Anger, anxiety and bias rules...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    I am beginning to think that what is wrong with our world is that there are way too many people with fixed opinions - note I did not say thoughts, as that would require actual thinking. The point of any terrorism is to change the way of life of those subjected to it ... The more we are sucked into stereotypes and give credibility to sound bites, the more this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Anger, anxiety and bias rules...
    As far as I'm concerned, the terrorists have already won. We are no longer the land of the free and home of the brave. We have given up so many of our freedoms in in exchange for government protection from harm (all types). I won't fly on commercial airlines any more because of our monumentally stupid, invasive and expensive TSA programs. Now we're talking about building a 2,000 miles, 14 foot wall to protect us from Mexicans.... how brave is THAT?

We've gone to war with countries that have not threatened us in any way, just to try to eliminate the terrorist threat (and how is that working out?). Osama Bin Laden's aim (and ISIS') with terrorism is to turn us against ourselves, have us spend our Treasury fighting an invisible enemy, and watch us crumble from within. And, it's working very well.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 11-04-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Pete,
    Maybe he was talking about... murderers?

They DO come in different flavors...
    Exactly what/who I was referring to. Pete is behaving like a troll, putting words in people's mouths.

I don't care what religion, color, or nationality a criminal is, if you're a criminal, you're a criminal and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Spyder Garage

Oh, now I get it Pete, thanks for clearing everything up. YOUR opinions are thoughts and everyone who doesn't agree with you have merely opinions that are also wrong opinions.
    You're everything you're railing against and don't realize it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But only murderers who skin their victims alive, run them over with tank treads, behead them! Hmmm...I wonder who that could be?
    This is an easy one: Bad people... VERY bad people!
    I don't think that you can assign these types of murders to any on particular type of criminal...
    The Germans used their tank treads to the best possible advantage that they could...
    The guillotine cut off a bunch of heads in France...
    As far as skinning the victim: I think that the "Governator" took care of that evil dude!

predator-616x440.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, now I get it Pete, thanks for clearing everything up. YOUR opinions are thoughts and everyone who doesn't agree with you have merely opinions that are also wrong opinions. You're everything you're railing against and don't realize it.
    ClassicVW, I think we can agree that the actions of terrorists are repulsive and we would like to see an end to the threat they pose for civilized society. I think we also can agree that there will never be an end to the atrocious way some humans treat other humans, usually in the name of some ideology; it has been going on for all of recorded history.

What we seem to disagree on is how we, as decent human beings, should deal with individual terrorists of foreign descent or non-Christian faith who visit such atrocities on us on our own soil. I'm saying that in my opinion, the actions you and others would like to see taken upon such people seem barbaric and bigoted and not in keeping with my values.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 11-05-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

ClassicVW, I think we can agree that the actions of terrorists are repulsive and we would like to see an end to the threat they pose for civilized society. I think we also can agree that there will never be an end to the atrocious way some humans treat other humans, usually in the name of some ideology; it has been going on for all of recorded history.

What we seem to disagree on is how we, as decent human beings, should deal with individual terrorists of foreign descent or non-Christian faith who visit such atrocities on us on our own soil. I'm saying that in my opinion, the actions you and others would like to see taken upon such people seem barbaric and bigoted and not in keeping with my values.
    I'll say it again. My comments never were meant to be only against Muslim murderers. I never wrote the word Muslim. YOU assumed I meant Muslim, but now I've told you 3X I didn't. Yes, I may have an extreme view or lack of patience w/r/t this one murderer from the other day in NYC but his religious beliefs isn't the reason. The reason is he's an admittedly proud mass murderer of civilians.

Now you're still bringing up non-Christian and foreign, which are not terms I used. You're still trying to put these words in my mouth because you've dug yourself in deep with your assumptions and you're looking to gloss over what you previously said.

In my almost 40 year career I never cared if the person I arrested for murder or anything else was black, white, Hispanic, Christian, Jew or Muslim. (Never asked anyone their religion) The only thing that mattered was if they were the one that had done the particular crime.
    Last edited by classicvw; 11-05-2017 at 01:30 PM.