Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Len's Spyderfest 2018 announcement

Did people see it? It's posted on Facebook in the Spyderfest Page. Len announced that the new location will be at the new "Pitbull The Rock" dealership in Bolivar, MO. for 2018. Hotels will be announced later this week the way it sounds. Should make for a lot more space, and sounds like there will be even more to do. Was considering not going in 2018, but maybe we'll rethink that again. Scroll down a ways to see Len in his pickup doing his video announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/SpyderFest-...05496/?fref=ts
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

He has been pushing hard to finish that location and it hf room. Should make a great location and a bit of a change...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

It may surprise Len to find out many Spyder owners have little interest in the offroad side by sides. I think its Len that has decided to go in a different direction than the Spyder community. Perhaps I have misread the events of the last year but it sure seems that way.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

We visited it both at Spyderfest '17 and at Spyder's in the Ozarks '17 this year and it was impressive. I predicted this in the earlier SpderFest 2018 event thread. I'm guessing the hotels in Bolivar will be closest, and the drive to Springfield old locations would be a stretch. Looks like it's gonna be both in Springfield at the Sunshine location and the Bolivar "The Rock".
    Last edited by DGoebel; 10-31-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Did people see it? It's posted on Facebook in the Spyderfest Page. Len announced that the new location will be at the new "Pitbull The Rock" dealership in Bolivar, MO. for 2018. Hotels will be announced later this week the way it sounds. Should make for a lot more space, and sounds like there will be even more to do. Was considering not going in 2018, but maybe we'll rethink that again. Scroll down a ways to see Len in his pickup doing his video announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/SpyderFest-...05496/?fref=ts
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep a look out for the hotel announcements.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    It may surprise Len to find out many Spyder owners have little interest in the offroad side by sides. I think its Len that has decided to go in a different direction than the Spyder community. Perhaps I have misread the events of the last year but it sure seems that way.
    I think you did misread the events. In addition to The Rock he is moving the Soyder operation to a much larger operation in Springfield. While I’m personally not into off road vehicles The Rock is one amazing place with a lot to offer even for the Spyder crowd.

Len has not left the Soyder community at all.
    Last edited by SpyderAnn01; 10-31-2017 at 09:23 PM.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I think you did misread the events. In addition to The Rock he is moving the Soyder operation to a much larger operation in Springfield. While I’m personally not into off road vehicles The Rock is one amazing place with a lot to offer even for the Spyder crowd.

Len has not left the Soyder community at all.
    Perhaps not. But he was not very interested in selling one last fall when we were trying to buy Louise new F3T. Like Lamont, we went to iMotorsports that seemed much more interested in selling Spyders. Things had changed considerably from when we were at Pittbull in Spring of 2015.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Perhaps not. But he was not very interested in selling one last fall when we were trying to buy Louise new F3T. Like Lamont, we went to iMotorsports that seemed much more interested in selling Spyders. Things had changed considerably from when we were at Pittbull in Spring of 2015.
    And just the opposite for me. I got a much better deal at Pitbull than IMotorsportsinc
    offered.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    And just the opposite for me. I got a much better deal at Pitbull than IMotorsportsinc
    offered.
    I never even got an offer, good, bad or otherwise. I could not get the time of day ... er a call back from anyone interested in selling the bike. Tired multiple times as I could not believe what was going on. Even left direct messages for Len that never were answered. Only persons I was able to talk to were receptionist and someone in finance both of which took messages that went no where. I have heard the same from others that have tried to buy there. If you are not standing in the dealership, you get no where. Was disappointing at the time as I had such a great experience at Spyderfest 2015 when I bought my F3 the day I test drove one.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I traded mine over the phone with him and no one else even came close to the deal he gave me including IMotorsports.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

Back in 2014 when I bought my 1330--if you remember there was a "shortage" of oil change kits. Since I put those first 3000 miles on quick...I had to go elsewhere to get the kit. I called Pitbull and mail ordered two of them. Had them in about two days--pretty good service to Alaska. I supplied the oil change kits for the first two changes. No problem then.

No comment on the current--but

A potential customer here--if I make the move to AR and about 60 miles away.

Is this part of a good days/bad days syndrome?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-01-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tomand View Post
    I traded mine over the phone with him and no one else even came close to the deal he gave me including IMotorsports.
    Glad to hear it. I know he must be dealing with someone or he would have gone under by now....
    But it was sure frustrating for us being a prior happy customer.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here's a link to a news article about The Rock.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Pit-...449521853.html

Spyder sales and service are moving to the old Surplus City building on Sunshine in Springfield. From satellite views it's much larger than the Glenstone location.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.1828...7i13312!8i6656

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Len made another announcement today. Spyderfest 2018 will be held between his 2 dealerships in Bolivar and Springfield. The host hotels are in the area of the airport this time and nothing will be happening at the fairgrounds. Courtyard by Marriott is the "main" host hotel and a block of rooms has been set aside. Sounds like the events will be held at the dealerships and the hotels. His announcement can be seen on F/B. Just look up Spyderfest US. I reserved a room. Wasn't going to, but he did make it sound a bit more appealing than having everything at the fairgrounds. Sounds like vendors will be at both locations as well. Lots to be hashed out I'm sure. May 2-6 of 2018.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Where did you hear about the hotel being the Marriot? I didn't hear that in his video? Would hate to book the wrong hotel.
    2014 Pearl White RT Limited with Matching Trailer

Ultimate Tall Boy Seat Pearl White Croc Inlay with backrest and armrests; Cup holders; Spyderpops Spyclops, Lighted Bumpskid, BRT Rear Lighting; Custom Dynamics Rear Trunk Brake; TricLED Safety LED package & front blinker lights, Foam hand grips; Elka Shocks; Lazer Alignment; BajaRon Sway Bar; Lamonster IPS Key Cover & End Caps; Lidlox Helmet Locks; Sena 10

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little One View Post
    Where did you hear about the hotel being the Marriot? I didn't hear that in his video? Would hate to book the wrong hotel.
    I have not heard the "official" announcement of the hotels but in the video of Len walking through the hotel lobby. If you go to the Marriot web site and look at the pic of the lobby it is the same hotel. So just saying.

Spyder Garage

A little bit of searching is all it took. Courtyard by Marriott is one, The LaQuinta is another one. So far those are the only two confirmed. I had a reservation at the Courtyard, and yes, they confirmed they were a host hotel, but, we cancelled and switched to another one. Too dang pricey for a place to sleep. The group rate is still $122/night at Courtyard. That's nuts!!! I only need the bed and the shower.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    A little bit of searching is all it took. Courtyard by Marriott is one, The LaQuinta is another one. So far those are the only two confirmed. I had a reservation at the Courtyard, and yes, they confirmed they were a host hotel, but, we cancelled and switched to another one. Too dang pricey for a place to sleep. The group rate is still $122/night at Courtyard. That's nuts!!! I only need the bed and the shower.
    with you about the rate @the Courtyard. Don't know what the rate is/was @the LaQuinta because it's already SOLD OUT. The bottom line is the rates are signifigantly higher than before.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    with you about the rate @the Courtyard. Don't know what the rate is/was @the LaQuinta because it's already SOLD OUT. The bottom line is the rates are signifigantly higher than before.

The Laquinta is not sold out call them at 417 447-4466

cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just got booked at LaQuinta, so they must have added more rooms to the block.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Linda and I may attend the 2019 Spyderfest. Will have to see how it all plays out. Lots of people we would like to meet for the first time, and renew many friendships from the past.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Where will the Vender Village be set-up? Bolivar or Springfield?

Spyder Garage

Sounded like there will be vendors at both the Bolivar location and the new shop
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2019 spyderfest

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Linda and I may attend the 2019 Spyderfest. Will have to see how it all plays out. Lots of people we would like to meet for the first time, and renew many friendships from the past.
    AK, I'm on the fence about doing any more Spyderfests ..................However if you do 2019 I'm in ....just so we can communicate Mano e mano ................. Mike

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    The accommodations at both of these hotels are light years better than at the previous host hotels.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622