Spyder Garage

Default Tire Mounting Problems

Does anyone know if a tire shop is able to mount front tires on the spyder rt limited rims or do they need special equipment. I am trying to find a tire dealer to mount the tires and no one wants to mess with the spyder....

Spyder Garage

Most automotive tire shops can mount tires on the Spyder front rims if you bring them in already off the bike. Very few will be able to balance as most will not have a cone small enough to fit the rim on the balancing machine. Special adaptors are needed for the balancer from Spyder front and rear rims.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TIRE MOUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrover View Post
    Does anyone know if a tire shop is able to mount front tires on the spyder rt limited rims or do they need special equipment. I am trying to find a tire dealer to mount the tires and no one wants to mess with the spyder....
    s
    I've mounted lots of car tires and never had anyone say there was an issue .... The OEM wheels are made for CAR tires ... even Walmart and Costco will do it .... and Spin balance them ........... The rear is a different story ........ Mike

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    s
    I've mounted lots of car tires and never had anyone say there was an issue .... The OEM wheels are made for CAR tires ... even Walmart and Costco will do it .... and Spin balance them ........... The rear is a different story ........ Mike
    I took my wheels off, took them and the tires to an automotive tire shop, they removed the old, mounted the new, balance both and I was out the door after paying them $35 and change.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate