Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation HELP WITH SHIPPING

Hey all so I purchased a new F3-S and the company I am shipping with needs the vehicle to be in neutral during shipping. Is there anyway of keeping the spyder in neutral without the parking brake being on or will that alarm just keep beeping? Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Robertc610 View Post
    Hey all so I purchased a new F3-S and the company I am shipping with needs the vehicle to be in neutral during shipping. Is there anyway of keeping the spyder in neutral without the parking brake being on or will that alarm just keep beeping? Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated.
    If it's the SE transmission it'll roll even when in gear as the clutch will be disengaged. If it's like the RT the "You forgot to set the parking brake, dummy!" beeping stops after about 20 seconds. I leave mine in the garage all the time with parking brake not set.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If it's the SE transmission it'll roll even when in gear as the clutch will be disengaged. If it's like the RT the "You forgot to set the parking brake, dummy!" beeping stops after about 20 seconds. I leave mine in the garage all the time with parking brake not set.
    So just to make sure I'm tracking when I call the dealership tomorrow just have them turn the parking brake off and it should roll no problem and the beeping will stop eventually?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So just to make sure I'm tracking when I call the dealership tomorrow just have them turn the parking brake off and it should roll no problem and the beeping will stop eventually?
    Yes.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Yes.
    Awesome thanks for the help man. I'm hoping the guys at the shop I bought it from know that. You think they would be an authorized dealer but you never know

Spyder Garage

Remember

Yo must run the spyder ON in order to disengage the parking brake!!!!

AJ

Awesome thanks for the help man. I'm hoping the guys at the shop I bought it from know that. You think they would be an authorized dealer but you never know

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default brake on

i shipped my Rt last year across the US and left in it neutral. I put a huge note in plastic in dash saying it would roll and attached two plastic wheel chocks to luggage rack with zip ties and carabiner clips. No issues what so ever. Yes beeping stops after awhile.
    [SIGPIC]