After sending a letter to the CEO of BRP. I got a very nice phone call from a very nice representative from BRP, stating that they would like to work with me to get my 2013 RT problems ironed out. I was asked to get the Spyder to a dealer that she had already contacted, so that they could try and diagnose and fix the problems. We agreed that I would get the Spyder to the dealer & BRP would cover the cos of getting it back to me. (I just had a hip replacement & cannot ride). Upon my initial contact with the dealer, I was told that they were doing this "under pressure from BRP", which gave me pause, yet in subsequent conversations, the person I spoke with was very nice, listened to my questions, and overall I started to get a better feeling. Well, things have really gone downhill from there. Here is a link to my "I'M FED UP" thread, and an copy of an Email I received this morning from the dealer. This does not make me happy.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...387-I-M-FED-UP

Email_0001.jpg
I will not name the dealer, as that is not my way, plus I like to avoid litigation. So now here I am with two dealers in my area, neither of which I trust. I am at my wits end about this, and I am going to sell the damned thing for whatever I can get for it.