Thread: Tires

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

After reading all of the comments on SpyderLovers, I decided to switch out my front tires for Federal Formoza AZ01s. I did this with only 1,900 miles on them and they are sitting in my garage taking up space. If anyone is still using the Kendas, I will accept any reasonable offer for these tires. Email me at: rrt2653@msn.com.

Unfortunately, I cannot make tonight's ride.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default waste

Too bad. I have 26000 miles on the original Kenda's on my RT no problems. Have a friend who bought new Kenda's at 32000 miles. You wasted your money. The SL terrorists strike again!
    Paul

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Swapped out my Kendas for a couple of Formozas and it was likely one of the best improvements I made on my RT. Smoothed it out considerably. The vibration in the handlebars and the front fenders all went away. I had the Kendas balanced twice in 20k miles with only minor improvements. When the Formozas were mounted and balanced........major improvement. Squared Away was also a major improvement. I just can't understand why BRP would send out a $28k unit with crappy tires (only got 6k mi. on the rear tire) and it not being properly aligned. When Squared Away aligned my spyder the left side was 2 1/2"s out of alignment and the right side was 1 1/4" out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Too bad. I have 26000 miles on the original Kenda's on my RT no problems. Have a friend who bought new Kenda's at 32000 miles. You wasted your money. The SL terrorists strike again!
    Paul
    Your terrorist comment is a little insulting. There are many spyder owners on this site who are very credible and have spent much time and money improving their rides and sharing their experiences to the betterment of all. You can pick and use whatever information you wish but to infer some as terrorists is a bit much.

Spyder Garage

Default tires

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Swapped out my Kendas for a couple of Formozas and it was likely one of the best improvements I made on my RT. Smoothed it out considerably. The vibration in the handlebars and the front fenders all went away. I had the Kendas balanced twice in 20k miles with only minor improvements. When the Formozas were mounted and balanced........major improvement. Squared Away was also a major improvement. I just can't understand why BRP would send out a $28k unit with crappy tires (only got 6k mi. on the rear tire) and it not being properly aligned. When Squared Away aligned my spyder the left side was 2 1/2"s out of alignment and the right side was 1 1/4" out.
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I have 14,000 on my rear Kenda and going for another 1,000. My front tires have 26,000 with no shaking or vibration. Most of my friends have the same results. Glad to hear you found something that made you happy
    Paul

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I have 14,000 on my rear Kenda and going for another 1,000. My front tires have 26,000 with no shaking or vibration. Most of my friends have the same results. Glad to hear you found something that made you happy
    Paul
    Most issues were taken care of under warrantee with the exception of the tire wear and alignment. The only remaining issue is air loss in the rear suspension system and BRP will not address it even though the problem has been occurring since day one. They refuse all communication regarding the matter. Other than that, it's a sweet ride. I like the spyder I just don't like BRP.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Better communication will enhance in solving any differences.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Better communication will enhance in solving any differences.
    Easier said than done.