Spyder Garage

Default Dealer Install vents for heat reduction

I thought I read a few instances were dealers have installed the 2013 heat reduction vents on older models and BRP paid for it. I was the local dealer and asked about that and got a resounding NO. The service mgr said it was a 5 or 6 hour install and BRP didn't cover the time required to do it. Was I dreaming about them getting installed at no charge on older Spyders?
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    I thought I read a few instances were dealers have installed the 2013 heat reduction vents on older models and BRP paid for it. I was the local dealer and asked about that and got a resounding NO. The service mgr said it was a 5 or 6 hour install and BRP didn't cover the time required to do it. Was I dreaming about them getting installed at no charge on older Spyders?
    I just had it done on my 2010 RT. BRP covered total cost; the statement that the labor would be 5 to 6 hrs is pure smoke blowing. My tech had the job done in less than 2 hrs and did a spot-on job! I even got to watch.
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Spyder Garage

Had my 2012 rts done first of the year no charge and around two hours. Winston Honda in Winston Salem N. C. did it great place.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat vent upgrade

My 2013 ST heat management upgrade was $0.00. My dealer is Renos powersports in KC, Mo. The upgrade is great.

Larry

Spyder Garage

Default So there...

Aren't you glad you asked..? Doesn't hurt and this place has the answers..to bad your dealer don't..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default '13 STS

New vents installed no charge. Dealer said it was a couple of hours to do.

Spyder Garage

Default 13 sts

Took 6 months to get the shop manager on board but once that happened BRP paid for whole job

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just found out to you guys about a free vents for free.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Aren't you glad you asked..? Doesn't hurt and this place has the answers..to bad your dealer don't..
    Yeah, I think I'll try a dealer in AZ when I get down there in a few weeks.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

It takes 5-6 hours to do the complete job on a 2013 because there is much more involved than just the vents. Your dealer must not realize what you are asking him for. Try to get it thru his head that you only want the vents. Walk in with a box of donuts and he might pay attention to what you say.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    It takes 5-6 hours to do the complete job on a 2013 because there is much more involved than just the vents. Your dealer must not realize what you are asking him for. Try to get it thru his head that you only want the vents. Walk in with a box of donuts and he might pay attention to what you say.
    You may be right, but at this point it's already in the trailer waiting to head South.
    Thanks
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

When the recall for the heat issue first came out, dealers were required to install the vents on all 2013 models.
    If you complained about the heat, BRP was offering a courtesy installation on earlier Spyders. A lot of that was how nicely you asked for one, and how nicely the dealers asked BRP.
    This is now a couple of years past the original recall. I would check with your dealer to see if BRP is still offering the courtesy installation. That program may not be available anymore.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

just had my 2010 RT done under recall at no charge